Scott B. Silverberg
Top rated estate planning & probate attorney in Roslyn Heights, New YorkLaw Office of Stephen J. Silverberg, PC
An associate at the Law Office of Stephen J. Silverberg, PC, Scott B. Silverberg focuses his practice on estate planning and other aspects of elder law. Based in Roslyn, New York, he provides representation to clients throughout Nassau and Suffolk counties. As an undergraduate, Mr. Silverberg attended the School of Industrial and Labor Relations, part of Cornell University, and he received a Bachelor of Science in 2010. He then pursued his legal education at Fordham University School of Law in New York City, and in 2013 he graduated with his Juris Doctor.
Mr. Silverberg is well-versed in the preparation and review of a variety of estate planning documents, including financial powers of attorney, special needs and other types of trusts, wills, and health care directives, including living wills. He tailors each plan to meet the specific needs and objectives of the particular client, taking into account the potential burdens of state and federal estate taxes as well as the probate process.
Mr. Silverberg also provides advice and counsel to senior citizens and their loved ones on such matters as long-term care planning alternatives, Medicaid and Medicare, and senior housing options. These are, often, delicate and emotional matters to discuss, and he has received a great deal of recognition from his colleagues for the manner in which he has handled them, including a “Superb” peer review rating through Avvo.
Admitted to practice before all New York state courts since 2014, Mr. Silverberg stays abreast of current developments in his practice areas through his participation in several professional organizations. His memberships include the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and the Nassau County Bar Association.
Practice areasEstate planning & probate, Elder law
Estate planning, Guardianships & conservatorships, Living wills, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills
- 50% Estate planning & probate
- 50% Elder law
First Admitted: 2014, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.sjslawpc.com/about-our-firm/about-scott-b-silver...
- Cornell University’s School of Industrial and Labor Relations, a highly competitive program that prepares students for leadership positions in law, government, public policy and business. Bachelor of Science, 2010
- Completed the L.L.M. in Elder Law program at the prestigious Stetson University School of Law, a rigorous online program is offered only to Elder Law practitioners who have provide legal services in elder law matters in highly specific areas of the law. Stetson’s L.L.M. Elder Law program faculty comprises many leading attorneys in Elder Law., 2021
- Article on Qualified Longevity Annuity Contracts, what they are, and how they interact with Medicaid laws, Co-Author, What is a Qualified Longevity Annuity Contract?, NAELA News, NAELA, 2016
- Will be speaking on Medicaid and other government benefits at the 2017 NAELA Summit Essentials Practicum, Invited Speaker, Government Benefits, NAELA, 2017
- Named a Member of the Board of Directors of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys., 2021
- Co-Chair, Vice-Chair, Practice Management Committee - New York State Bar Association Elder Law and Special Needs Section Executive Committee., 2020
- Nassau County Bar Association, Member
- New York State
- Co-Chair - Technology Committee - New York State Bar Association Elder Law and Special Needs Section, 2019
- Board Member - New York Chapter of National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, 2019
- Vice Chair - Technology Committee - New York State Bar Association Elder Law and Special Needs Law Section, 2015
Office location for Scott B. Silverberg
185 Roslyn Road
Roslyn Heights, NY 11577
- Rising Stars: 2020 - 2022