Scott B. Silverberg
Top rated estate planning & probate attorney in Roslyn Heights, New YorkLaw Office of Stephen J. Silverberg, PC
Practice Areas: Estate planning & probate, Elder law; view more
Licensed in New York since: 2014
Education: Fordham University School of Law
Law Office of Stephen J. Silverberg, PC185 Roslyn Road
Roslyn Heights, NY 11577 Visit website
An associate at the Law Office of Stephen J. Silverberg, PC, Scott B. Silverberg focuses his practice on estate planning and other aspects of elder law. Based in Roslyn, New York, he provides representation to clients throughout New York City and Nassau and Suffolk counties. As an undergraduate, Mr. Silverberg attended the School of Industrial and Labor Relations, part of Cornell University, and he received a Bachelor of Science in 2010. He then pursued his legal education at Fordham University School of Law in New York City, and in 2013 he graduated with his Juris Doctor. In 2021, he obtained an LLM in Elder Law from Stetson University a nationally recognized program in the field of Elder Law and Special Needs.
Mr. Silverberg is well-versed in the preparation and review of a variety of estate planning documents, including financial powers of attorney, special needs and other types of trusts, wills, and health care directives, including living wills. He tailors each plan to meet the specific needs and objectives of the particular client, taking into account the potential burdens of state and federal estate taxes as well as the probate process.
Mr. Silverberg also provides advice and counsel to senior citizens and their loved ones on such matters as long-term care planning alternatives, Medicaid and Medicare, and senior housing options. These are, often, delicate and emotional matters to discuss, and he has received a great deal of recognition from his colleagues for the manner in which he has handled them, including a “Superb” peer review rating through Avvo.
Admitted to practice before all New York state courts since 2014, Mr. Silverberg stays abreast of current developments in his practice areas through his participation in several professional organizations. His memberships include the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, New York State Bar Association Elder Law and Special Needs Section, the Nassau County Estate Planning Council, and the Nassau County Bar Association. He currently serves as the President of the New York Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law attorneys and serves on the Board of Directors of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys.
Practice areasEstate planning & probate, Elder law
Estate planning, Guardianships & conservatorships, Living wills, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills
- 50% Estate planning & probate
- 50% Elder law
First Admitted: 2014, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.sjslawpc.com/about-our-firm/about-scott-b-silver...
- Cornell University’s School of Industrial and Labor Relations, a highly competitive program that prepares students for leadership positions in law, government, public policy and business. Bachelor of Science, 2010
- Completed the L.L.M. in Elder Law program at the prestigious Stetson University School of Law, a rigorous online program is offered only to Elder Law practitioners who have provide legal services in elder law matters in highly specific areas of the law. Stetson’s L.L.M. Elder Law program faculty comprises many leading attorneys in Elder Law., 2021
- Article on Qualified Longevity Annuity Contracts, what they are, and how they interact with Medicaid laws, Co-Author, What is a Qualified Longevity Annuity Contract?, NAELA News, NAELA, 2016
- Will be speaking on Medicaid and other government benefits at the 2017 NAELA Summit Essentials Practicum, Invited Speaker, Government Benefits, NAELA, 2017
- , 40 Under 40, Blank Slate Media, 2022
- Scott B. Silverberg, Esq. has been named President of the New York Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA). NAELA is a professional organization of attorneys dedicated to helping clients with the legal issues associated with aging, including probate and estate planning, guardianship/conservatorship, public benefits, health and long-term care planning and special needs. Scott is a member of the National Board of Directors of NAELA and was previously Vice President of the New York Chapter., 2023
- In 2022, Scott became a member of The Estate Planning Council of Nassau County, a member chapter of the National Association of Estate Planners and Councils (NAEPC). Membership in the Council is very selective. Candidates must be nominated, and endorsements provided by two members, then the Board of Directors makes the determination of whether or not the candidate meets the high standards of the Council., 2022
- Named a Member of the Board of Directors of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys., 2021
- Co-Chair, Vice-Chair, Practice Management Committee - New York State Bar Association Elder Law and Special Needs Section Executive Committee., 2020
- Nassau County Bar Association, Member
- New York State
- Co-Chair - Technology Committee - New York State Bar Association Elder Law and Special Needs Section, 2019
- Board Member - New York Chapter of National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, 2019
- Vice Chair - Technology Committee - New York State Bar Association Elder Law and Special Needs Law Section, 2015
Office location for Scott B. Silverberg
185 Roslyn Road
Roslyn Heights, NY 11577
- Rising Stars: 2020 - 2023