James C. Knox
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Saratoga Springs, New YorkE. Stewart Jones Hacker Murphy
Practice Areas: Criminal Defense, DUI-DWI, White Collar Crimes
Licensed in New York since: 2010
Education: Lewis & Clark Law School
Located in Troy, New York, James C. Knox is a partner at E. Stewart Jones Hacker Murphy. Representing clients throughout the state, he focuses his practice on litigation. In his personal injury and wrongful death practice, he assists clients who have suffered losses due to the negligence of other parties in cases involving trucking, motorcycle and other motor vehicle accidents, defective products and premises liability. In this regard, he has obtained numerous successful results for his clients.
Mr. Knox also provides criminal defense representation to people who have been charged with state or federal felonies or misdemeanors ranging from driving under the influence to fraud and other white collar crimes. Mr. Knox also has experience in defending legal and medical professionals who have been accused of malpractice and who are appearing before their respective licensing boards. He is admitted to practice before all New York and Massachusetts state courts.
Mr. Knox majored in philosophy and received a Bachelor of Arts cum laude from what is now known as The College of Idaho. He then went on to attend Lewis & Clark Law School in Portland, Oregon, and he subsequently was awarded his Juris Doctor in 2009. While he was in law school, he served on the Lewis & Clark Law Review.
Mr. Knox is an active participant in several legal associations. His memberships include the New York State Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association, the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, the Capital District Trial Lawyers Association and the Albany County Bar Association. He has received a "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo for his excellent track record and high degree of ethics.
First Admitted: 2009, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: http://www.joneshacker.com/meet-our-attorneys/james-knox-cri...
- Rising Star of Upstate New York, Super Lawyers, 2013 through 2018, Super Lawyer's Rising Star
- Editorial Board Member and Lead Articles Editor, Lewis & Clark Law Review
- Albertson College in Caldwell, Idaho, Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, cum laude
- American Red Cross
- Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA)
- Saratoga County Bar Association
- Capital District Trial Lawyers Association
- Albany County Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Rensselaer County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Member of the Committee on Character and Fitness for New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Third Judicial Department
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2019