Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Saratoga Springs, NY
Selected to Rising Stars: 2015 - 2020
Scott W. Iseman is the founding attorney of Iseman PLLC where he focuses his practice on representing business leaders, public officials, and other individuals who face challenging criminal and civil investigations, particularly during trials and other adversarial proceedings.
Clients come to Scott for his diligent, determined and practical approach to each case. He has quickly gained a reputation as an attorney who patiently works with and advises his clients to develop a plan that puts his clients in the best position and then executes that plan with efficiency, professionalism and competence. This is especially evident at trial where’s Scott’s passionate and disciplined style has led to numerous not guilty verdicts. As a result, he was once again selected by Super Lawyers in 2022 which recognizes the top attorneys practicing criminal defense . 2022 was the eighth consecutive year Scott received this recognition.
Scott entered private practice after serving as a U.S. Marine Corps Judge Advocate where he became the Senior Trial Counsel at Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point and a Special Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Eastern District of North Carolina. Prior to starting his own law firm, Scott was a partner in a prominent Albany-based firm where he focused his practice on criminal defense and civil litigation and successfully defended individuals and corporations in complex criminal and regulatory matters at trials in state and federal court as well as before various governmental authorities and commissions.
Outside the office, Scott continues to serve and advocate for the New York’s military veterans and their families. He is on the Board of Directors for the Saratoga County Bar Association and chairs its Veterans Affairs Committee. In addition Scott is also a Director for the New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NYSACDL).
In law school at University at Buffalo, Scott graduated magna cum laude, was Managing Editor of the Buffalo Law Review and separately won the Desmond Moot Court competition, the Judge Matthew J. Jasen Appellate Practice Award and the James M. Keiffer Trial Excellence Award.
- 50%Criminal Defense
- 50%Criminal Defense: White Collar
Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Felony, Sex Offenses, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law - Federal
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2020
About Scott Iseman
First Admitted: 2010, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.scottisemanlaw.com/scott-iseman/
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- New York State
- Hamilton College
- , Award for Trial Advocacy, The Association of the Bar of the City of New York Committee on Military Affairs and Justice, 2011
- James M. Keiffer Trial Excellence Award, University and Buffalo School of Law , 2010
- Judge Matthew J. Jasen Appellate Practice Award, University and Buffalo School of Law , 2010
- A guide for corporate and in-house counsel to handle responding to law enforcement investigations. , Protect this House: Responding to Law Enforcement Contact as Corporate Counsel , New York State Bar Association , 2020
- An overview of the Department of Education's Title IX regulations and how to defend a student accused of misconduct going forward, Title IX Update - A summary of the Department of Education's New Title IX regulations, New York State Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys , 2020
Last Updated: 8/26/2022