John F. Harwick
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Schenectady, New YorkE. Stewart Jones Hacker Murphy LLP
Focusing his practice exclusively on civil litigation, John F. Harwick is a partner at E. Stewart Jones Hacker Murphy LLP. From the firm's Schenectady office, he handles a variety of matters for individual and business clients throughout New York State. In his personal injury and wrongful death practice, Mr. Harwick provides representation to people who have suffered losses due to the negligence of other parties. The types of cases that he handles in this regard arise out of construction site accidents, motor vehicle wrecks, defective products and premises liability.
Mr. Harwick has an active commercial trial practice as well. The matters that he has litigated have included business dissolutions, breach of contract claims, construction disputes between commercial and residential developers and builders, and breach of fiduciary duty claims. Mr. Harwick also handles creditor's rights cases including foreclosures, commercial debt collection and judgment enforcement.
Mr. Harwick's professionalism and high degree of ethics throughout his career have resulted in his being held in high regard by his fellow attorneys. Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America, he has also received an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo. He has also been recognized as one of the TOP 25 "Super Lawyers" in New York's Hudson Valley.
A 1991 recipient of a Bachelor of Arts from Clark University, Mr. Harwick pursued his legal education at Albany Law School. While there, he was a member of the school's Moot Court Board, and he was inducted into The Justinian Society upon being awarded his Juris Doctor, cum laude, in 1995. Admitted to practice in all New York Sate courts, Mr. Harwick is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of New York. He is an active board member of the Albany County Bar Association and the former President of the Capital District Trial Lawyers Association.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Business Litigation, Construction Litigation: Business, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1996, New York
Professional Webpage: https://joneshacker.com/meet-our-attorneys/john-f-harwick-pa...
- Hartford Steam Boiler Inspection and Insurance Co.
- Flagstar Bank
- Town of Jay
- American Tree Company
- Albany Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1995
- Clark University, Worcester, Massachusetts, B.A. – 1991
- Highly Rated by Peers, AV Rating, Martindale-Hubbell, 2009
- , TOP 25 Hudson Valley "Super Lawyer" , Super Lawyers , 2020
- "Superb" Rating, 10/10, AVVO, 2013
- Albany County Bar Association, Board Member, 2020
- Capital District Trial Lawyers Association, President, 2013
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1996
- Capital Region Bankruptcy Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 1996
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member, 2001 – 2006
- New York, 1996
- New York State Bar Association, Third Judicial District Delegate
- Capital District Trial Lawyers Association, Past-President
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2023