Frank M. Maffei
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in St. James, NY
- Free Consultation
Frank M. Maffei is a partner at the law firm of Jakubowski, Robertson, Maffei, Goldsmith & Tartaglia, LLP, located in St. James, New York. He focuses his practice on personal injury matters, including automobile accidents, premises liability, foodborne illnesses and more. With over 34 years of practice in the legal field, he has immense experience trying cases before juries and judges.
With a reputation for his legal skills and knowledge, Mr. Maffei uses his analytic capabilities for the benefit of his clients. He upholds their rights, well aware of how hard it is to suffer injuries due to someone else’s carelessness. He is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum for having obtained several favorable verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients.
Mr. Maffei has a Bachelor of Arts degree from Long Island University and went on to pursue law at Capital University, where he obtained his Juris Doctor degree and served as a teaching assistant at the University Clinical Program. While in law school, he interned at the Franklin County Public Defender’s Office and the Franklin County District Attorney’s Office.
Mr. Maffei was selected to serve as an assistant district attorney in Suffolk County, where he worked on cases involving battery, larceny, assault, and insurance and welfare fraud. He has memberships in many prominent associations, including the Suffolk County Bar Association, the New York State Trial Lawyers Association and the Nassau Suffolk Trial Lawyers Association.
Actively involved with the St. Mary’s Parish’s outreach programs, Mr. Maffei has handled many pro bono cases. His other volunteer work includes being on the boards of The Rollstone Foundation and The Lions Club and serving as a volunteer judge for the New York State Bar Association Moot Court.
Mr. Maffei is AV Preeminent peer-review rated,* the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell. He is the recipient of the esteemed Bench and Bar Award and has an “Excellent” rating on Avvo.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 70%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30%Family Law
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Divorce
- Super Lawyers: 2022
About Frank M. Maffei
First Admitted: 1987, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.jrmgtattorneys.com/attorney-profiles/frank-m-maf...
- Suffolk County Bar Association, Nassau Suffolk Trial Lawyers Association, New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- State of New York
- Long Island University, 1986
- For Professionalism Compassion and Generosity to the Courthouse Community, Lawyer Of the Year, Fraternal Order Of Court Officers, 2016
- Bench and Bar Award, March 18th, 2016
- Member of The Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbell®
- $2million dollar settlement against a major automobile dealership, 2018
- $1.75 million dollar settlement against a major automobile manufactuer, 2006
- $300,000 settlement in an out of state automobile case, 2021
- $2million verdict in a poising case, 2004
- $180,000 verdict in an automobile case with a fractured wrist, 2019
- $200,000 award in an auto accident with psychological injuries, 2020
- $650,000 settlement for an electrician burned on an unsafe work site, 2021
Pro bono/Community Service
- President Rollstone Foundation, 2021
- New York State Bar Association Moot Court Volunteer Judge
- St. Mary’s Parish in East Islip
- Vice President Lions Club, 2021
- Peer rating "Preeminent" Rating for ethical standards and legal ability , 2021
- Member of the Multi Million Advocates Forum Top Trial Lawyers In America, 2018
Last Updated: 5/20/2022