John C. Cherundolo
Top rated medical malpractice attorney in Syracuse, New YorkCherundolo Law Firm, PLLC
Attorney John C. Cherundolo is the founder and owner of Cherundolo Law Firm PLLC in Syracuse, New York. Recognized nationally as one of the country's leading trial attorneys, Mr. Cherundolo has more than 47 years of total legal experience, and he provides exceptional counsel and support to clients throughout Central New York who have suffered injuries or lost loved ones as a result of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
During his time representing the rights and entitlements of innocent accident victims and their families, Mr. Cherundolo has obtained millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for his plaintiff clients adversely affected by motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, aviation accidents, workplace accidents and other preventable tragedies. He has also handled numerous class actions and mass torts in various jurisdictions across the country, and he has gained a reputation for his in-depth legal knowledge and unwavering commitment to helping his clients find the justice they deserve.
Honored for his success, Mr. Cherundolo has earned a membership in the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums, and he has received consistent recognition from The Best Lawyers in America© for the past 20 years. In addition, he is a Platinum Member of the Elite Lawyers of America and a fellow with the American Board of Trial Advocates, the American College of Trial Lawyers, the International Academy of Trial Lawyers and the Litigation Counsel of America.
A leader in his legal community, Mr. Cherundolo is founding member of former president of the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers as well as former president of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, where he served as dean of the New York Trial Lawyers Institute. He has also served as state delegate of the American Trial Lawyers Association and state coordinator of the Trial Lawyers for Public Justice as well as chair of the Alliance of Consumer Rights' Steering Committee.
Moreover, Mr. Cherundolo accepted an appointment by Governor George Pataki to serve as justice for the New York State Court of Claims, and he has served as acting Supreme Court Justice in Onondaga County. He also teaches classes on advanced torts and civil actions at the Syracuse University College of Law.
A 1970 graduate of Syracuse University, Mr. Cherundolo earned his master's degree from the university's Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs in 1972, and he received his Juris Doctor cum laude from Syracuse University College of Law in 1973. He received his Master of Laws in trial advocacy from Temple University in 2011. He is admitted to practice before all New York state courts as well as the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Medical malpractice, Birth injury, Delayed or incorrect diagnosis, Motor vehicle defects, Medical devices, Pharmaceutical, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Construction accident, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff
- 40% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 40% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
- 20% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1974, New York
Professional Webpage: https://cherundololawfirm.com/john-cherundolo/
- Syracuse University College of Arts and Sciences, B.A. 1970
- Syracuse University Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, M.A., 1972
- American Board of Trial Advocates (Fellow)
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers (Founding Member, Former President)
- New York State Bar Association
- American Association for Justice (Member)
- Litigation Counsel of America (Fellow)
- American College of Trial Lawyers (Fellow)
- Elite Lawyers of America (Platinum Member)
- All courts of the State of New York
- Alliance of Consumer Rights (Former Chair Of Steering Committee)
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum (Fellow)
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice (Former State Coordinator)
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers (Fellow-Limited to 500 best trial lawyers in the United States)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- American Trial Lawyers Association (Former State Delegate)
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association (Former President; Former Dean of New York Trial Lawyers Institute)
- Listed in "Who's Who in American Law"
- Top-Rated Attorney, Super Lawyers
- "The Best Lawyers in America" for nearly two decades
- Burn Injury
- Construction Injuries
- Head Trauma
- Misdiagnosis Of Cancer
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Wrongful Death
Office location for John C. Cherundolo
120 Madison St
AXA Tower II, 16th Floor
Syracuse, NY 13202
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022