Timothy J. DeMore
Top rated personal injury attorney in Syracuse, New YorkDeMore Law Firm, PLLC
Timothy J. DeMore is an attorney at DeMore Law Firm, PLLC, located in Syracuse, New York. Focusing his practice on personal injury matters, including medical malpractice, automobile collisions, products liability claims, construction site accidents, defective products, pedestrian knockdowns and wrongful death claims, he has more than 22 years of legal experience.
With a Bachelor of Arts degree from Gettysburg College, Mr. DeMore went on to pursue law at the Syracuse University College of Law, where he graduated cum laude and obtained his Juris Doctor. He is admitted to practice law in the state of New York and before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York.
With a genuine concern for his clients, Mr. DeMore is a dedicated and compassionate attorney. He goes the extra mile for his clients who are suffering injuries due to another person’s carelessness. Providing customized strategies for each client’s unique case, he handles all cases in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Mr. DeMore is actively affiliated with numerous legal associations, including the Onondaga County Bar Association, the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers, the Onondaga County Bar Association’s Trial Lawyers Section and the New York State Bar Association.
Mr. DeMore has lectured at several continuing legal education programs and has co-authored the “Do Not Settle for More: Settling a Case Involving a Medicare Beneficiary” for the New York State Bar Association’s Torts, Insurance & Compensation Law Section Journal.
Recognized for his exceptional work in the legal field, Mr. DeMore has received the AV Preeminent* peer-review rating, the highest rating through Martindale-Hubbell. He also has a “Superb” rating on Avvo, along with testimonials from his satisfied clients and endorsements from his peers.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Medical malpractice, Birth injury, Delayed or incorrect diagnosis, Motor vehicle defects, Medical devices, Pharmaceutical
- 50% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 40% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2000, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.demorelaw.com/our-attorneys/timothy-j-demore/
- Super Lawyer Directory, Personal Injury Plaintiff: Medical, 2011 - 2018
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell, 2015
- Super Lawyer, Upstate New York Top 50 Lawyers, 2015 - 2018
- Past Board Member, McMahon-Ryan Child Advocacy Site
- President, Blue Wave Youth Lacrosse Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association, Trial Lawyers Section, Past President
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- New York, 2000
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Gettysburg College, B.A., 1995
- Speaker, New York State Supreme Court, Continuing Legal Education, Medical Malpractice and Litigating Personal Injury
- “Anatomy and Physiology 101 for Attorneys,” National Business Institute, September 2011, November 2015
- Co-author, “Do Not Settle for More: Settling a Case Involving a Medicare Beneficiary,” NYSBA Torts, Insurance & Compensation Law Section Journal, Winter 2012
- “Medical Malpractice – Guide to Misdiagnosis Cases,” National Business Institute, August 2011
- “Expert Testimony: What You Need to Know in New York,” New York State Bar Association, October 2010
- “Medical Malpractice A to Z,” National Business Institute, September 2010
Office location for Timothy J. DeMore
125 East Jefferson Street
Syracuse, NY 13202
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2022
Top ListsTop 50: Upstate New York Super Lawyers: 2013, 2015 - 2018, 2020
See legal Q & A provided by Timothy J. DeMore
Q: What Is the Statute of Limitations on Medical Malpractice Claims in New York?A: Like many legal questions, this question has a very simple answer that cannot be fully understood without examining numerous complicating factors.The … See all answers by Timothy DeMore