Top Rated Workers' Compensation Attorney in Troy, NY
A managing partner at Stockton, Barker & Mead, LLP, Matthew Mead assists clients in and around Troy, New York, with areas of the law involving:
- Workers' compensation defense
- Estate planning and probate
- Labor law
- Litigation and appeals
- Insurance defense
Graduating with a Bachelor of Arts in 1982 from Le Moyne College in Syracuse, New York, Mr. Mead went on to pursue his legal studies at Albany Law School. After receiving his law degree, he has been licensed to practice in New York and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York since 1987. He represents employers facing various compliance issues with New York’s employment laws and regulations.
A member of the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA), Mr. Mead conducts seminars on workers’ compensation law for his colleagues and up-and-coming lawyers. He is also a member of the Torts, Insurance and Compensation Law Section, and the Workers’ Compensation Law Section of the NYSBA. For his excellent track record and high ethical standards, he has been peer-review rated as Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished* in 2022.
With more than three decades of experience handling workers’ comp cases, Mr. Mead has helped several contractors and employers get rid of penalties entirely or lessen the amount they had to pay. He guides his clients throughout the case, ensuring they are well aware of the legal process. Known among his peers as a knowledgeable and diligent attorney, he strives to reach a resolution for every case he handles. He helps a diverse clientele ranging from large corporations to individual entrepreneurs and small businesses.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Matthew Mead
First Admitted: 1987, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.sbmfirm.com/attorney/matthew-r-mead/
- Workers Compensation Law Update, New York State Bar Association, 2011
- Workers Compensation Law Update, New York State Bar Association, 2011 - Present
- Workers' Compensation Liens: The Law and Practice, New York State Bar Association, 2012 - Present
- Verneau v. Consol. Edison Co. of N.Y., Inc., 37 N.Y.3d 387, 2021, NYCA
- Taylor v Cont. Ins. Co, 9 AD3d 657 (NYAD 2004)
- Coratti v Jon Josef Hair & Colour Group, 17 AD3d 768 (NYAD 2005)
- Scally v Ravena Coeymans Selkirk Cent. School Dist, 31 AD3d 83 (NYAD 2006)
- General Electric Company
- City of Watervliet
- Saratoga County
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 1987
- NYSBA, Torts, Insurance and Compensation Law Section, Workers Compensation Law Division, Member
- Albany County Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, 1987 - Present
- New York, 1987
- LeMoyne College, Syracuse, New York, B.A., 1982
Last Updated: 7/12/2022