Philip J. Rizzuto
Top rated health care attorney in Uniondale, New YorkThe Rizzuto Law Firm
As the owner and managing attorney of The Rizzuto Law Firm, in Uniondale, New York, attorney Philip J. Rizzuto provides unmatched advocacy and support to clients throughout Nassau County and the rest of Long Island who suffered an injury or loss as the result of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing. In addition to handling all types of personal injury and wrongful death claims, including car accidents, slip and falls, trip and falls, nursing home abuse and neglect, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, scooter accidents, bicycle accidents, he also handles complex labor and employment law matters along with various types of commercial litigation.
Nationally recognized as one of the top trial attorneys in his region as well as the entire country, Mr. Rizzuto has more than 26 years of total legal experience, and he has achieved a long record of securing substantial settlements and verdicts for his plaintiff clients. Part of his success comes from his experience as an insurance defense attorney, so he has invaluable insight into the industry, which helps him devise the most effective strategy possible to help his clients obtain the full amount of compensation they deserve.
A leader in his field, Mr. Rizzuto has appeared on several local and national television news outlets, where he has offered in-depth legal commentary on a variety of topics, including bullying in schools, as well as other injustices people face in society. He also has conducted numerous lectures and seminars on a wide range of subject. Recognized for his success, Mr. Rizzuto has earned top peer reviews from Martindale-Hubbell and other sources, and he has received "Superb" client ratings on Avvo.
After graduating from St. John's University College of Business Administration in 1989, Mr. Rizzuto returned to his alma mater and obtained his Juris Doctor from St. John's University School of Law in 1993. The New York State Bar Association admitted him to practice the following year, and he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit.
Highly active in his legal community, Mr. Rizzuto is a member of several local, state and national legal organizations, and he has served as president of the Columbian Lawyers Association of Nassau County, Inc, and the New York State Plaintiff's Nursing Home Litigation Group. He is also president of the St. John's University School of Law Suffolk County Alumni Association, and he supports his local community through his involvement with his local Boy Scouts troop, as well as through coaching various youth sports.
Practice areasHealth care, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Elder law
First Admitted: 1994, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.rizzutolawfirm.com/philip-j-rizzuto/
- St. John's University, College of Business Administration, 1989
- New York State Plaintiff's Nursing Home Litigation Group, 2019
- President Columbian Lawyers Association of Nassau County, 2012
- President of the New York State Plaintiff's Nursing Home Litigation Group, 2012
- New York City Trial Lawyers Alliance, 2019
- Confederation of Columbian Lawyers , 2019
- Columbian Lawyers Association of Queens County, 2019
- Columbian Lawyers Association of Nassau County, 2019
- American Association for Justice, 2019
- New York State Trial Lawyers, 2019
- $1,005,500.00 Settlement on a claim for Funeral Home Neglect and Loss of Sepulcher against a Funeral Home on Long Island that buried the wrong person., 2021
- $400,000 Settlement against a Nursing Home on Long Island on behalf of a man who choked to death as a result of the Nursing Home's negligence, 2021
- $450,000 Settlement for a client who slipped and fell while making a delivery to defendants home which resulted in an ankle fracture., 2022
- Car Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Funeral Home Negligence
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Nursing Home Neglect
- Scooter Accidents
- Truck Accidents
Office location for Philip J. Rizzuto
50 Charles Lindbergh Blvd
Uniondale, NY 11553
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2022
See legal Q & A provided by Philip J. Rizzuto
Q: What are the warning signs of nursing home abuse in New York?A: Placing a loved one in a nursing home is one of the most difficult decisions a family can make. When the decision is made, we put our trust in the … See all answers by Philip Rizzuto