Michael H. Ricca
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Westbury, New YorkThe Law Offices of Michael H. Ricca P.C.
Having spent his entire career defending people against criminal charges, Michael H. Ricca is well-known for his aggressive approach. Representing clients in the Long Island, New York, area, including those in Suffolk and Nassau counties, he handles cases that involve issues such as DUI/DWI, drug violations and traffic infractions. When he founded The Law Offices of Michael H. Ricca, he did so on the basis of delivering honest, thorough representation to people who need it the most.
Being arrested or even simply under investigation is a stressful experience that creates an uncertainty about the future. Mr. Ricca recognizes the fear clients have when they approach him for help. He seeks to bring peace of mind through clearly explaining someone’s options and crafting a well-planned strategy that targets the best possible outcome.
Through combining a compassion for those he serves with a deep understanding of the justice system, Mr. Ricca routinely returns case dismissals, dropped charges and favorable verdicts. He has gone to bat for clients in state and federal courts, as well as in appeals. For his accomplishments, he holds an Avvo “Excellent” rating, and the Nassau County Bar Association named him its Young Lawyer of the Month in 2015.
After earning a Bachelor of Arts from Binghamton University in 2005, Mr. Ricca went on to receive a Master of Business Administration from Adelphi University in 2008. In 2012, he graduated with a Juris Doctor from the Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center.
Mr. Ricca is a member of the New York State Bar Association, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the New York State Defenders Association and the New York Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI, Business Litigation, Construction Litigation: Business, General Litigation
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Construction Defects, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, DUI/DWI, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Litigation, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Non-Compete Agreements, Parole, Probation, Prosecution, Restraining Order, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Theft, Traffic Violations
- 50% Criminal Defense
- 20% Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 10% Business Litigation
- 10% Construction Litigation: Business
- 10% General Litigation
First Admitted: 2013, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.riccalaw.com/about-us.html
- New York
- Federal Bar Council
- United States District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, The New York State Defenders Association
- New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- New York State Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Council
- Member, New York Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Contributing Member, Nassau County Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member, Nassau County Bar Association, New Lawyers Committee
- Member, The National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Adelphi University, M.B.A., Management and Human Resources, Honor: National Honor Society in Business Administration, 2008
- Binghamton University, B.A. in Political Science with a dual concentration in politics and law, Honor: Dean’s List, 2005
- Federal Defenders of New York (Long Island)
- Young Lawyer of the Month, Nassau County Bar Association, 2015
- Nationally Ranked Top 10 Under 40 Attorney Award, National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys, 2017
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars List, 2016-2018
- The American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys has named Mr. Ricca an executive member after confirming that he has obtained the skills, knowledge, training, tools, resources, and strategies that are needed for winning DUI cases., American Association of Premier DUI Attorney, 2017
- 10 Best Attorneys , American Institute of Criminal Defense Attorneys, 2018
- Nassau County Supreme Court -Plaintiffs Verdict in a Land/Lord Tenant Unpaid Rent/Damages $35,000. , 2018
Office location for Michael H. Ricca
1400 Old Country Road
Westbury, NY 11590
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2023