Donald L. Sapir
Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in White Plains, NY
Donald L. Sapir is a partner at Sapir Schragin LLP. Located in White Plains, New York, he focuses his practice exclusively on labor and employment law, representing clients throughout Westchester County and other parts of the greater New York City metropolitan area. Mr. Sapir majored in history at the State University of New York at Buffalo and received a Bachelor of Arts cum laude in 1972. He then went on to pursue his legal education at what was then known as Hofstra University School of Law, and he was a research editor on the Hofstra Law Review before obtaining his Juris Doctor in 1975.
Mr. Sapir has represented both companies and their employees during his career. His cases have involved workplace discrimination that is governed by several laws, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act. Mr. Sapir has also handled wage and hour claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act, and his experience has additionally encompassed wrongful terminations and other acts of retaliation, sexual harassment, Dodd-Frank whistleblower claims, and unfair labor practices.
Mr. Sapir has also prepared and reviewed employment and severance agreements, and he has counseled employers on regulatory compliance and litigation avoidance. He has appeared before numerous agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the New York State Division of Human Rights.
Highly regarded by his colleagues, Mr. Sapir has received an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Avvo. He is admitted to practice in New York as well as before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of New York, the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 2nd and Federal Circuits, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 60%Employment & Labor: Employee
- 40%Employment & Labor: Employer
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
About Donald L. Sapir
First Admitted: 1976, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.sapirschragin.com/Attorneys/Donald-L-Sapir.shtml
- Discrimination in the Workplace
- New York Law Journal
- New York State Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Law Section Newsletter
- Employment Discrimination Law
- New York Employment Litigation Guide
- State University of New York - Buffalo, Buffalo, New York, B.A., History, cum laude - 1972
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1982
- Westchester County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Committee, Past Chair
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit, 1984
- New York, 1976
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York, 1984
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1976
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1976
- Chair, New York State Bar Association Labor & Employment Section (approx. 2500 members); Co-Chair, American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section, Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee; President of The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers, Board member of National Employment Lawyers Association/ New York Chapter, 2009
- Anna Lee has been named to the National Trial Lawyers https://t.co/jO2NC3qcSK
- How common are medication errors? https://t.co/OAL2V6U1C4
- The element of causation in medical malpractice cases https://t.co/UJPw1P36w6
- Super Lawyers announcement for 2022 – Webb & Taylor https://t.co/4Uh6xjcYfB
- Webb & Taylor, LLC is proud to announce Partners James Webb and Brandon Taylor, have again been selected as “Super… https://t.co/V78C5SyLlV
Last Updated: 5/15/2022