Georgia D. Kramer
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in White Plains, NY
Georgia D. Kramer is an attorney at the law firm of Kramer Kozek LLP in White Plains, New York. Ms. Kramer devotes her practice exclusive to matrimonial and family law, handling a variety of matters involving divorce,, child support, custody, domestic violence, post-judgment enforcement and visitation rights. She received a Master’s of Law in taxation from NYU School of Law.
She was selected
Ms. Kramer has more than five decades of legal experience. Recognized for her many accomplishments, she holds an AV Preeminent* peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell and is the recipient of numerous awards for her work as a matrimonial attorney and pro bono service. The American Institute of Family Law Attorneys named her one of the “10 best attorneys in New York” and the Best Attorneys of America inducted her as a member.
A respected and active member of the New York legal community, Ms. Kramer is a member of the family law and taxation sections of the Westchester County Bar Association. She belongs to the Westchester Women’s Bar Association and is a former chair of the association’s matrimonial committee. She is also an active participant in the Westchester County Alternate Fee Resolution Program.
Ms. Kramer earned a bachelor’s degree from Barnard College and received her law degree from New York University School of Law. While pursuing her law degree, she served as editor of the New York University Law Review and belonged to the Order of the Coif. She also obtained a Master of Law degree in taxation from the university in 1983.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 90%Family Law
- 10%Alternative Dispute Resolution
Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights, Mediation
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2022
About Georgia D. Kramer
First Admitted: 1967, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.kramerkozek.com/attorneys/
- Rue Ratings’ Best Attorneys of America
- Top Ten Leaders, Matrimonial & Divorce Law
- Learned Hand Award, 2013
- SuperLawyers, 2008 - 2017
- Top 25 Attorneys in Westchester, 2009
- Order of the Coif; Editor of NYU Law Review; NYU graduated cum laude, 10 Leaders in Matrimonial and Divorce Law
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rating SM from Martindale-Hubbell®
- 2017 Westchester County’s Above the Bar Award for Leading Matrimonial Attorney; 2017 Legal Services of Hudson County Pro Bono Award for her contributions as a pro bono attorney; 2016 10 Best Attorneys in New York (American Institute of Family Law Attorneys); 2016 Corporate LiveWire – Global Awards in the category of Tax; New York Metro Super Lawyers since 2007; 2014 Corporate LiveWire Attorney of the Year; 2013 Learned Hand Award for Contribution to the Legal Profession; Ten Leaders in Matrimonial and Divorce Law – Westchester/Rockland Counties; Rue Ratings' Best Attorneys of America; 2009, 2010 Top 25 Lawyers in Westchester County Super Lawyers , Westchester County’s Above the Bar Award for Leading Matrimonial Attorney, 2017
- Legal Services of Hudson County Pro Bono Award, Hudson Valley Legal Services, 2017
- Masters of Law in Taxation
- Barnard College, B.A., 1964
- New York, 1967
- Westchester County Women's Bar Association (Co-Chair of the Matrimonial Committee); Westchester County Bar Association; New York Association of Collaborative Professionals; International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Author, Best Practices and Strategies for Divorce Cases, Aspatore Inside the Minds: Strategies for Family Law in New York, 2012 ed., 2012
- Westchester County Alternate Fee Resolution Program
- 2015 Conducted seminar "Kramer on Contracts" for the Westchester Women's Bar Association; Conducted seminar regarding net worth statements in matrimonial actions (2012)
- financial considerations in divorce
- Taxation in divorce
Last Updated: 5/15/2022