Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in White Plains, NY
Attorney Howard Tanner co-founded the well-known New York City law firm of Tanner & Ortega, L.L.P., in 1998. As the firm's managing partner, he focuses his practice on protecting the rights of individuals facing criminal charges in New York state. In addition to his criminal defense practice, he also represents clients in matters related to labor and administrative law.
Mr. Tanner began his legal career in 1989 after earning his law degree from the University of Miami School of Law. He is admitted to practice in state and federal courts in the States of New York and New Jersey as well as in Washington D.C., and has zealously represented his clients for over 30 years.
Throughout Mr. Tanner's career, he has had a reputation as one of the country's leading criminal defense attorneys. In fact, he has appeared on all major television networks, and he served as a Court TV legal analyst. He has been featured on the front page of the Miami Herald, his cases featured on 48 Hours and Dateline NBC and has been sought by national and local television, radio and newspaper programs for his expert commentary on trending cases.
Thanks to Mr. Tanner's excellent reputation as a skilled trial attorney and aggressive defense lawyer, he has earned a multitude of honors from the legal community. The National Trial Lawyers lists him among the country's top 100 attorneys for over 10 years, and he has a "Superb" 5-star rating from Avvo. His firm, Tanner & Ortega has a stellar reputation as a trusted business by the Better Business Bureau.
Mr. Tanner is an active member of the legal community thanks to his membership in numerous organizations, including the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Federal Bar Council, Kings County Criminal Bar Association and others He is appointed to that Criminal Justice Agency Panel for the Southern District of New York as well as the Felony and Homicide Panels in Manhattan and Brooklyn, New York.
- 50%Criminal Defense
- 20%Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 20%Criminal Defense: White Collar
- 10%Administrative Law
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, False Accusations, Felony, Misdemeanor, Murder, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Theft, Criminal Domestic Violence, DUI/DWI, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law - Federal
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022
About Howard Tanner
First Admitted: 1989, New York
Professional Webpage: http://tannerortega.com/lawyer/Howard-E.-Tanner,-Managing-Pa...
- New York
- District Court of New Jersey
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- New Jersey
- Federal Courts for the Eastern District of New York
- Kings County Criminal Bar Association, Member
- Federal Courts for the Southern District of New York
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal Bar Council, Westchester Committee
- New York County Lawyers Association, Member
- District of Columbia
- University of Florida, Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice, 1986
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Appeared on local cable news and radio stations such as NY1, News 12 Westchester, 1010 WINS and 880 WCBS
- Featured on the front page of the Miami Herald
- Appeared on ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX and Legal analyst on Court TV
- Interviewed on Dateline NBC and his case featured on 48 Hours, Investigation Discovery Channel, Anderson Cooper Live
- Frequently quoted in or interviewed by New York Times, New York Post, New York Daily News, Journal News, Miami Herald, Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinal, the Associated Press and The Chief-Leader
- , Top 100 Trial Lawyers in New York, https://thenationaltriallawyers.org/profile-view/Howard/Tanner/28106/, 2021
- 5-star rating, Avvo, "Superb" Rating 10, www.avvo.com, 2021
Last Updated: 5/15/2022