Jessica H. Ressler is a dedicated matrimonial lawyer at the firm of Ressler & Associates in White Plains, New York. She has gained a reputation as a professional, thorough and compassionate family law attorney. Her experience includes matters of child custody, child support, adoption, grandparent rights, guardianship, orders of protection, pre- and postnuptial agreements, paternity, separation agreements, visitation and equitable distribution of marital property. She accepts clients throughout Westchester County and the surrounding areas.
Ms. Ressler is licensed to practice law in the state of New York. Prior to passing her bar exam, she graduated from York University with an Award of Distinction. She then went on to earn her Juris Doctor from New York Law School in 2002.
Having a passion for preserving family harmony, especially where children are concerned, Ms. Ressler is known for her advocacy of alternative dispute resolution methods, including mediation and collaborative law. In many cases, her clients are able to resolve their differences outside a courtroom. However, when it is clear an amicable resolution is not likely, Ms. Ressler is prepared to vigorously defend her clients’ rights in court.
Ms. Ressler is committed to remaining active in the legal community and constantly strives to update and hone her skills and experience. She is an active member of the American Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association, the New York City Bar Association, the New York County Lawyers Association, the Westchester County Bar Association, the Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York, the Westchester Women’s Bar Association and the Justice Brandeis Westchester Law Society.
Practice areasFamily law
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Same sex family law, Father's rights
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 2003, New York
Professional Webpage: https://westchestermatlaw.com/divorce-lawyers-white-plains-n...
- York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Honors: Award of Distinction
- New York State Bar, February of 2003
- American Academy for Certified Financial Litigators; Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York; Westchester Women’s Bar Association; New York County Lawyer’s Association; Westchester County Bar Association; New York City Bar Association; New York State Bar Association; American Bar Association; Justice Brandeis Law Society
- Family Law Trial Institute
- Young Israel of White Plains, Former Member of Board
- "Parenting Coordination: Who? What? Where? When? Why?" Westchester Lawyer, January 2015. http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/wcbany.site-ym.com/resource/resmgr/Magazine_Hyperlinked_PDFs/01-2015-West-Lawyer.pdf , Author, Parenting Coordination: Who? What? Where? When? Why?" , Westchester Lawyer , 2015
- Lecture on June 10, 2016 on financial and legal survival after a divorce., Lecturer , Morgan Stanley Seminar Series, 2016
- This is an article I published that details all of the Jewish holidays and how best to address the division of holidays in the context of a custody and visitation matter., Author, Adjudicating Custody and Visitation Matters Involving Jewish Families: What You Didn't Know!, Westchester Bar Journal, 2015
Office location for Jessica H. Ressler
222 Bloomingdale Road
White Plains, NY 10605
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2022