Matthew P. Tomkiel
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in White Plains, New YorkTomkiel & Tomkiel
A partner at the law firm of Tomkiel & Tomkiel located in White Plains, New York, Matthew P. Tomkiel is third in a line of impeccable attorneys. Following in the traditions of his father and grandfather, he offers much-needed advocacy and assistance to clients who have suffered harm or loss as a consequence of a workplace accident or due to the recklessness and negligence of others.
Since he began practicing law in 2003, Mr. Tomkiel has had a lot of experience assisting plaintiff clients in securing favorable settlements for their cases involving personal injuries, medical malpractice and third-party workplace injuries. He has earned his membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum after successfully negotiating millions of dollars' worth of settlements and awards during his career.
Mr. Tomkiel graduated from the University of Richmond with a bachelor’s degree in philosophy in 1999 and received a merit scholarship to attend St. John's University School of Law, where he earned his Juris Doctor in 2002. He actively participates in the legal community and is a member of the Yonkers Lawyers' Association, the Bronx County Bar Association, the Westchester County Bar Association, the New York State Trial Lawyers Association and the American Association for Justice.
Regarded as a leader in his area, Mr. Tomkiel has written extensively on a range of subjects connected to personal injury law and frequently supports other lawyers both in court and during appeals. For his notable work in the field of law, he has received an AV Preeminent* peer-review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a 10/10 rating on Avvo.
In addition, for a number of years, the American Society of Legal Advocates has listed Mr. Tomkiel on the Top 40 Under 40 and the Top 100 Attorneys lists. He has also received a number of other accolades and prizes, including the Bronx Bar Champion award from the Bronx County Bar Association and is named to the list of Top Attorneys every year by Westchester Magazine. Best of the Best Attorneys listed him on the Top 10 Best Personal Injury Attorneys in New York and the American Institute of Legal Counsel listed him on the 10 Best Personal Injury Attorneys for Client Satisfaction.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Assault, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Dram Shop Laws, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Defense, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Toxic Mold, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 100% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2003, New York
Professional Webpage: https://tomkiel.com/attorneys/matthew-tomkiel/
- Top Attorney in Metro New York, New York Times
- 10 Best Personal Injury Attorneys for Client Satisfaction, American Institute of Legal Counsel, 2021
- Top 10 Best Personal Injury Attorneys in New York in 2020 by the Best of the Best Attorneys List
- ASLA Top 100 Attorneys award in 2019
- ASLA Top 40 Under 40 Award in 2016
- AVVO highest rating
- Awarded Merit Scholarship, St. John’s University School of Law, 2002
- Bronx Bar Champion Bronx County Bar Association, 2014
- New York Metro Super Lawyers List Super Lawyers, 2018
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocate Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2015
- University of Richmond, School of Arts & Sciences, Richmond, Virginia Bachelor of Arts, 1999
- Westchester County Bar Association
- Yonkers Lawyers Association
- Bronx County Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
Office location for Matthew P. Tomkiel
925 Westchester Ave
White Plains, NY 10604
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2023