Top rated Personal Injury attorney in White Plains, New YorkGreenspan & Greenspan, P.C.
As a principal with the law firm of Greenspan & Greenspan, P.C. in White Plains, New York, attorney Michael E. Greenspan focuses his practice primarily on personal injury and criminal defense. Mr. Greenspan works hard to protect the rights of the seriously injured in motorcycle accidents, car accidents, truck accidents as well as crashes involving buses and trains. Construction workers injured on the job turn to Michael Greenspan for help.
As a plaintiff's personal injury attorney, Mr. Greenspan has achieved notable success helping his clients obtain the compensation and benefits they deserve. Handling claims resulting from motor vehicle accidents, construction accidents, defective products, the collapse of buildings and other acts of negligence, Mr. Greenspan has secured substantial settlements and awards for those he serves, recovering millions of dollars on behalf of his clients.
Michael Greenspan has had the frequent privilege of representing clients referred to him by fellow attorneys. A referral from an attorney is a testament to the level of skill and care that Greenspan & Greenspan P.C., provides to each client.
A successful criminal defense attorney as well, Mr. Greenspan defends clients on charges ranging from DWI and traffic violations to tax fraud and other white collar crimes. For business owners and corporate professionals, Greenspan & Greenspan, P.C., provides a cost effective litigation fee structure in the prosecution or defense of a commercial claim.
A 1988 graduate of Temple University, Mr. Greenspan returned to his alma mater and obtained his Juris Doctor from Temple University Beasley School of Law in 1991. Mr. Greenspan was admitted to practice in New York in 1992 and became licensed by The Florida Bar in 2011.
Michael Greenspan is a member of the bar of the Supreme Court of the United States and is admitted to the bars of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit as well as the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, and the District of Connecticut.
Committed to both his practice and his community, Mr. Greenspan is actively involved with a number of professional legal organizations, and he volunteers his time and services throughout Westchester and Rockland Counties.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Construction Litigation: Consumer, Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
Brain Injury, Construction Accident, DUI/DWI, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Defense, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
First Admitted: 1992, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.greenspans-law.com/Attorneys/Michael-E-Greenspan....
- JCC of Rockland County, Executive Board
- Supreme Court of the United States, 2019
- New York, 1992
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1992
- Westchester, Rockland, Dutchess, Putnam Track & Field Coaches Association, General Outside Counsel, 2005 - Present
- American Association for Justice
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1992
- Glenn D. Loucks Memorial Track & Field Games, Member, Executive Committee, 1991 - Present
- Florida Bar, Member, 2011 - Present
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- White Plains Bar Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit , 1992
- New York State Bar Association, Member, Committee on the Civil Practice Law & Rules, 1998 - 2007
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1992
- Westchester Track, Field & Cross-Country Officials Association, Member, 1991 - Present
- Westchester County Bar Association
- Trial Lawyers Care, 2002 - 2004
- Certified New York State High School Track & Field Official, 1992 - Present
- Certificate of Appreciation for Extraordinary Service, New York State Trial Lawyers Association, June 1, 2005
- County of Rockland Distinguished Service Award, August 1, 2004
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Recipient of the 2013 Eleanor Loucks Memorial Award for Distinguished Service to the Loucks Games
- American Association for Justice Commendation, July 1, 2004
- AV®Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell, 2013
- Bloch v. Rodriguez, 234 A.D.2d 247; 651 N.Y.S.2d 76 (2d Dept. 1996)
- Higgins v. Stelmach, 2022 NY Slip Op 05155 [2d Dept Sept. 14, 2022] We successfully appealed the denial of our client's motion for summary judgment in this personal injury case. The Appellate Division reversed the lower court's Order and determined that the defendants were 100% liable for the collision with our client's motorcycle, which left our client severely injured., 2022
- Pugni v. Giannini, 163 A.D.3d 1018, 83 N.Y.S.3d, 491 (2d Dept. 2018), 2018
- Lalani v. Santiago, 290 A.D.2d 494; 736 N.Y.S.2d 254 (2d Dept. 2002)
- Cohen v. Vitali, 288 A.D.2d 18; 732 N.Y.S.2d 164 (1st Dept. 2001)
- Smith v. Sandals Resorts Intern., Ltd., 709 F.Supp.2d 350 (No. 07-CV-03695) (E.D.Pa. 2010)
- $6.5 Million Dollar recovery in combined wrongful death and survivorship action arising out of a water trampoline accident at a Sandals Resort in Jamaica, 2009
- People v. Ross, 231 A.D.2d 651; 647 N.Y.S.2d 960 (2d Dept. 1996)
- Temple University, B.A., Honors: magna cum laude, Majors: History and Political Science, 1988
- Lectured to attorneys on the complicated issues in uninsured and underinsured motorist claims in New York arising out of car accidents., Instructor, Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Law in New York, National Business Institute, 2004
- Lectured to attorneys across New York State on developments in personal injury litigation involving car accidents, motorcycle accidents and other motor vehicle accidents. The lecture included a detailed discussion on the New York serious injury threshold, Moderator and Presenter, Auto Litigation: Recent Developments in New York State Auto Law, New York State Bar Association, Attorneys, Legal, Insurance, 2021
- Instructor on Continuing Legal Education Seminar on how to effectively use pleadings and motions, how to apply rules to discovery and evidence, as well as how to select the right jury, Instructor , Building your Civil Litigation Skills, National Business Institute, Legal, 2019
- CLE lecturer to attorneys on trial advocacy, Instructor, Winning Your First Civil Trial in New York: What They Didn't Teach You in Law School, National Business Institute, 2006
- Insurance companies are counting on injured motorists to be ignorant of their rights following a car accident, Don't make this mistake when you have been in an accident, Consumers, 2022
Office location for Michael Greenspan
188 East Post Road
White Plains, NY 10601