Michelle H. Lewis
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in White Plains, NY
Michelle H. Lewis is an attorney at Kramer Kozek LLP in White Plains, New York. Ms. Lewis focuses her practice exclusively on divorce and matrimonial law, serving clients throughout the state of New York. She handles cases involving divorce, child support, custody and other family-related legal matters. Ms. Lewis resolves cases through an active collaborative law practice, mediation, and litigation when necessary.
Ms. Lewis graduated magna cum laude with a bachelor’s degree from Columbia College and a masters degree in International Relations from Yale University. She received her law degree from Harvard Law School, graduating cum laude. While working toward her law degree, she served on the Board of Student Advisers and participated in the Harvard Mediation Program.
Upon law school graduation, Ms. Lewis obtained her license to practice law in the state of New York. She has more than 20 years of legal experience, working collaboratively to resolve divorces, mediating cases, settling matters out of court, and litigating numerous complex matters over the course of her career at the family court and Supreme Court levels.
In addition to running her law practice, Ms. Lewis enjoys staying involved with the New York legal community. She is on the Board of Directors of the New York Association of Collaborative Professionals (NYACP), and serves on the Education and Training Committee. Ms. Lewis is a member of the Westchester Women’s Bar Association and the New York State Bar Association.
Ms. Lewis is committed to giving back to her community through volunteer and pro bono work. In recognition of her efforts, Legal Services of the Hudson Valley awarded her the pro bono service award in 2017.
About Michelle H. Lewis
First Admitted: 1998
Professional Webpage: https://www.kramerkozek.com/attorneys/
- New York State Bar Association
- New York, 1998
- Westchester Womens Bar Association, Member of Committee on Mediation and Collaborative Law
- New York Association of Collaborative Professionals, International Association of Collaborative Professionals, NYSBA, Westchester Women's Bar Association
- Harvard Law School, Harvard Mediation Program, 1995–1997
- Personal Coaching Graduate Certificate, NYU Small Business Coaching, Graduate Certificate, NYU, 2003
- J.D., Harvard Law School Board of Student Advisors, Certified Mediator in Small Claims Court, Teaching Assistant, Program on Negotiation, Teaching Assistant, PIL (Program of Instruction for Lawyers), 1997
- Bachelors Degree, Columbia College, Columbia University Phi Beta Kappa Magna Cum Laude, John Jay Scholar, 1991
- Masters in International Relations, Yale University, Yale Fellowship, 1994
- Co-Chair of the Collaborative Law Committee of Westchester Women’s Bar Association
- SuperLawyers New York-Metro Area, 2012
- Award for dedication to service to pro bono clients in need of assistance in Supreme Court matrimonial proceedings. , 2017 Pro Bono Service Award from Legal Services of the Hudson Valley., 2017
Pro bono/Community Service
- 2017 Pro Bono Service Award from Legal Services of the Hudson Valley. , 2017
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Superlawyers New York Metro Area, 2020
- New York Association Of Collaborative Professionals
- New York State Bar Association
- Westchester Women's Bar Association
Last Updated: 5/15/2022