Neil A. Fredman
Top rated family law attorney in White Plains, New YorkFredman Baken & Novenstern LLP
Neil A. Fredman is a family law and divorce attorney with over 40 years of legal experience. The founder of the law firm Fredman Baken & Novenstern in White Plains, New York, he handles divorce cases as well as matters involving child custody, child support, prenuptial agreements, postnuptial agreements, property distribution and visitation. He represents clients throughout Westchester County.
Raised in Westchester County, Mr. Fredman earned a bachelor’s degree from Cornell University and received his law degree from Fordham University School of Law. Following his graduation from law school, he obtained his license to practice law in New York and entered private practice.
An experienced litigator and negotiator, Mr. Fredman has helped many New York residents through the complexities of the family legal process. In addition, he is trained in collaborative law, which uses alternative dispute resolution techniques such as mediation to settle cases in a non-adversarial manner outside of the courtroom.
Recognized for his skill and accomplishments as a family law attorney, Mr. Fredman is a fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. Additionally, he is AV Preeminent peer-review rated,* the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell.
Over the years, Mr. Fredman has served in leadership positions and on committees for the Westchester County Bar Association Domestic Relations and Family Law Section, the New York State Bar Association Family Law Section and the American Bar Association Section of Family Law. He continues to sit on the Association of Collaborative Lawyers of Rockland-Westchester executive committee and is a member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily law
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 1978, New York
Professional Webpage: https://fbndivorcelaw.com/neil-fredman/
- , Westchester County’s Family Law “Super Lawyers” 2007-2021
- , Martindale Hubbell’s highest “AV” rating
- , “Top 25” Westchester Area Super Lawyers in 2007
- White Plains High School Class of 1969
- B.S. Cornell University, 1973
- New York Fellows of the Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML)
- Member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Member of the Executive Committee of the New York State Bar Association Family Law Section
- Chair, Committee on Ethical Practices of the American Bar Association Family Law Section
- Former Chair, Westchester County Bar Assn Family Law Section
- Rockland-Westchester Collaborative Law Assn
- Westchester County Bar Assn
Office location for Neil A. Fredman
333 Westchester Avenue
White Plains, NY 10604