Patricia Granville Kitson
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in White Plains, NY
The Kitson Law Firm, PLLC, is a law firm in White Plains, New York, founded by attorney Patricia Granville Kitson. Ms. Kitson concentrates her practice on family law, serving clients throughout Westchester County in matters involving divorce, complex financial matters, custody, and prenuptial and postnuptial agreements.
With more than 30 years of experience, Ms. Kitson understands the financial and emotional strain of divorce and other domestic issues. She helps her clients develop realistic goals and develops creative solutions to resolve their domestic disputes.
An experienced litigator, Ms. Kitson is also an accomplished negotiator who works effectively with clients, the courts and other attorneys to achieve settlement. She frequently uses the collaborative process to obtain these results.
In acknowledgement of her accomplishments, Patricia was recognized by Super Lawyers for over five consecutive years and has been chosen as a Top 25 attorney in Westchester County in 2105 and 2016 by Super Lawyers, she has received recognition in the New York Law Journal and New York magazine included Ms. Kitson on their list of “legal leaders” in 2014 and 2015. The National Advocates named her a “top 100 lawyer” in 2015 and the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys presented her with the Client Satasfaction Award that same year. She has been repeatedly presented with the Client Choice Award and has received Congressional recognition from the Westchester Office of the County Executive and local communities for her public service activities.
Ms. Kitson is an active member of her legal community. She regularly lectures on confidentiality issues, domestic violence and family law, and she is a member of the Westchester County Bar Association, the Association of Collaborative Lawyers of Rockland-Westchester, the Westchester Women’s Bar Association and the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals. She is a sustaining member of the New York State Bar Association and serves on the board of trustees for a nonprofit organization.
Ms. Kitson earned her law degree from Pace University Elisabeth Haub School of Law. She also holds a certification in collaborative law.
- 100%Family Law
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022
About Patricia Granville Kitson
First Admitted: 1980, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.kitsonlaw.com/patricia-g-kitson
- National Association of Professional Women National Association of Women Judges New York State Bar Association Westchester Woman's Bar Association Family Law Association Westchester Bar Association New York State Bar Association (Sustaining Member)Member: Judicial Screening Committee
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Congressional recognition and Proclamation from Westchester County Executive for commitment to public service.
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board Member: San Miguel Academy, Newburgh, NY
- Past Chairperson/President: Parish Council Saint John and Saint Mary Church
- Collaborative Law
- Legal issues of Confidentiality between Patient and Therapist, Manhattan College Graduate Program Presentation, 2010
- Selected to the 2014 list of Legal Leaders in the field of Family Law, NY Law Journal/ NY Magazine, 2014
- Super Lawyers, 2014
- Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Art of Advocacy, National Moot Court Representative, Selected as a representative for the Southern District Litigation Program, Woman of the Year (Dr. I Foundation), Mary Mother Walsh Award on behalf of the Dominican Sister of Health (2007) (outstanding contributions to public service), 2012 Recipient of the Miguel Medal (public service)
- Matrimonial Law
Last Updated: 5/15/2022