Top rated Elder Law attorney in White Plains, New YorkEnea, Scanlan & Sirignano, LLP
Stella King is a dedicated estate planning attorney at the law firm of Enea, Scanlan & Sirignano, LLP, who proudly serves clients throughout White Plains, New York, including the cities of Yonkers, Somers and New Rochelle, and the counties of Bronx, Putnam and Rockland. With nearly a decade of experience and immense knowledge of New York elder and estate planning laws, she is uniquely suited to assist New York families in protecting their assets and planning for the future.
Responsive to her clients’ goals and wishes, Ms. King provides guidance on a wide range of matters including wills and trusts, powers of attorney, estate and probate administration, guardianship proceedings, Medicaid and nursing home care planning, and special needs planning. She effectively helps with both routine estate planning matters and more complex situations such as contested guardianships and probate litigations.
A dean’s list graduate of Boston University, Ms. King majored in anthropology and obtained her Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, in 2005. She attended the Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York, and received her Juris Doctor in 2012. She is authorized to practice in New York since 2014.
Staying active in her legal circle and local community is important to Ms. King. She is a member of the Westchester County Bar Association and the New York State Bar Association’s Trust and Estates, and Elder Law and Special Needs Sections. She also offers free legal services to those who cannot afford a lawyer and was recognized for offering over 200 hours of pro bono services as a law student.
A proficient and capable writer, Ms. King has contributed a number of articles to prominent journals on topics related to elder law, special needs and powers of attorney.
Practice areasElder Law, Estate Planning & Probate
- 50% Elder Law
- 50% Estate Planning & Probate
First Admitted: 2013, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.esslawfirm.com/attorney/stella-king/
- Pro-Bono Program Certificate, Gold Level (200+ Hours)
- J.D., Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York, 2012
- B.A., Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts (Honors: Cum Laude, Dean's List; Major: Anthropology), 2005
- State: New York, Status: Member in Good Standing (Originally Acquired: 2013), 2022
- State: New Jersey, Status: Member in Good Standing (Originally Acquired: 2019), 2022
- Super Lawyers Metro New York, Rising Star, Thomson Reuters, 2022
- Super Lawyers Metro New York, Rising Star, Thomson Reuters, 2021
- New York State Bar Association, Trusts & Estates Section, Member, 2022
- New York State Bar Association, Elder Law & Special Needs Section, Member, 2022
- Westchester County Bar Association, Member, 2022
- September 2023, Author, Planning For Your Loved Ones With Special Needs, River Journal, 2023
- June 2023, Author, Why Do I Need a Revocable Living Trust, River Journal, 2023
- May 2023, Speaker, Key Estate Planning Documents, Neighborhood House, 2023
- April 2023, Author, Protecting Your Home From the Cost of Long-Term Care, River Journal, 2023
- March 2023, Speaker, Key Estate Planning Documents, Westchester Women In Senior Care, 2023
- February 2023, Author, An Emerging Trend: Transferring Shares of Stock in a Cooperative Apartment to a Trust, Westchester Lawyer, 2023
- October 2022, Speaker, New York Medicaid Update Panel, Orion Resource Group, 2022
- September 2022, Speaker, Key Estate Planning Documents, Gramatan Village Senior Care Symposium, 2022
- February 2022, Speaker, How to Prepare for the Unexpected, Irvington Public Library, 2022
- December 2021, Author, How Medicaid Will Pay You To Care for Your Loved Ones, New York State Bar Association, Elder Law and Special Needs Section Journal (Vol. 31 No. 3), 2021
- September 2021, Author, When is a Power of Attorney Powerless?, Westchester Lawyer Magazine (Westchester County Bar Association), 2021
- 2021, Speaker, Critical Issues Facing Senior Clients, Bronxvillle Adult School, 2021
- July 2021, Speaker, Planning Options for New York’s New Medicaid Home Care Eligibility Requirements, Irvington Public Library, 2021
- May 2020, Speaker, Estate Planning During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Bronxville Adult School, 2020
Office location for Stella King
245 Main Street
White Plains, NY 10601
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2023