Top rated personal injury attorney in Woodbury, New YorkSalenger, Sack, Kimmel & Bavaro, LLP
Attorney Joseph Bavaro is a partner with the Salenger, Sack, Kimmel & Bavaro LLP law firm, which has two office locations in New York City and another office in Woodbury, New York. An extremely compassionate lawyer, Mr. Bavaro finds great reward in helping those in need regardless of any monetary incentive. Even if he finds that a potential client does not have a valid personal injury claim, he still does all he can to help him or her with the difficult and uncertain situation.
This passion for helping others is what led Mr. Bavaro to become an attorney in the first place, and throughout his career, he has achieved notable success recovering the compensation his clients deserve while helping them obtain the justice they seek. Much like the fictional character Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird on which he models his own practice, Mr. Bavaro relishes in the small victories he secures for his clients while exposing injustices in the system.
This level of client commitment has earned Mr. Bavaro numerous awards and honors, and Best Lawyers® has voted him a Best Lawyer for Medical Malpractice for the past several years.
A 1990 graduate of the University at Albany, Mr. Bavaro attended Quinnipiac University School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1993. The New York State Bar Association admitted him to practice the following year, and Mr. Bavaro served as an assistant district attorney with the Staten Island District Attorney's Office, where he gained invaluable experience in trial advocacy and litigation, ultimately rising to the level of lead prosecutor for the sex crimes special victims unit.
Highly active in his legal community, Mr. Bavaro is the past president of both the Nassau-Suffolk County Trial Lawyers Association and the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers. He is also a member of the New York State Bar Association and the Suffolk County Bar Association. A recognized leader in his field, he has written extensively and conducted lectures and seminars across his region on a variety of legal topics involving personal injury law, false claims and other related subjects.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of Woodward/White, Inc. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of Woodward/White, Inc.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
Personal injury - plaintiff
- 60% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 40% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1994, New York
Professional Webpage: http://sskblaw.com/our-team/joseph-bavaro/
- Member, NY State Bar Association
- Past President, Nassau-Suffolk County Trial Lawyers Association
- United States Federal Courts
- Past President, New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Member, Suffolk County Bar Association
- Member,Nassau County Bar Association
- President, Ascent Fundraising Organization, Ascent School “A School for Individuals with Autism”
- Monsignor Farrell High School
- State University at Albany
- New York Super Lawyer list, 2009
- Independent Judicial Election Qualification Commission
- Best Lawyers in America
- Task force charged with improving efficiency of Suffolk County Supreme Court
- Best Lawyer Medical Malpractice by Best Lawyers, 2018
- Co-author, Failure to Act Quickly Harms False Arrest Claims, New York Law Journal, 2010
- Co-author, The Spoliation Cause of Action: A Vampire in the Court System, New York Law Journal
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers, Lecturer
- New York Bar Association, Lecturer
- Author, Safety First--The Golden Rule of the Construction Site, 2014
- Author, New York Law Journal Outside Counsel Don’t Fear the Repo: UCC an Unlikely Ally in Personal Injury Cases
Office location for Joseph Bavaro
180 Froehlich Farm Blvd
Woodbury, NY 11797
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2022
Find me online
- Thank you Jay for leaving a five-star review! Partners John Zervopoulos & Ed Nitkewicz teamed up to fight for our c… https://t.co/4zCFZwiE5j
- Telling lawyer jokes in a room full of lawyers, what could possibly go wrong? 😅 https://t.co/jaFF5O3l4T
- Thank you Jennifer for your five-star Google review! Our personal injury team of Partner John Zervopoulos and paral… https://t.co/8p53pxxoJb