Jonathan L. Megerian
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Asheboro, North CarolinaMegerian & Wells
Since 1993, Jonathan L. Megerian has helped clients at the law firm Megerian & Wells in the areas of criminal defense, personal injury and zoning law. Holding a criminal law certification from the North Carolina State Bar Association since 2001, Mr. Megerian represents criminal defendants throughout Randolph County and North Carolina state.
Much of Mr. Megerian's day-to-day duties are devoted to representing clients in the courtroom, with 95 percent of his business dedicated to litigation. Along with fellow partner, Franklin E. Wells Jr., at Megerian & Wells, he serves clients who are charged with both violent and nonviolent crimes and has advised other lawyers on court cases involving the death penalty.
Boasting an impressive educational career, Mr. Megerian graduated magna cum laude from Fordham University in New York with a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature. As an undergraduate, he was a member of the Phi Beta Kappa National Honor Society. Mr. Megerian went on to earn a Master of Arts in English Literature from the University of Toronto in 1978, followed by a Juris Doctor from the University of North Carolina School of Law in 1981.
After law school, Mr. Megerian was admitted to practice law in the state of North Carolina. He is also admitted to practice law in federal courts in the Eastern, Western and Middle Districts of North Carolina as well as in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court. Mr. Megerian is also member of the North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers, in which he served on the Board of Governors from 2000 to 2006.
Practice areasCriminal Defense
- 100% Criminal Defense
First Admitted: 1981, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: http://www.megerianwells.com/Attorneys/Jonathan-L-Megerian.s...
- University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M.A. in English Literature, May, 1978
- Fordham University, New York, NY, B.A. in English Literature, Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina, 1982
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1999
- North Carolina, 1981
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina, 1982
- Bar Councilor, N. C State Bar, 1988 - 1996
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1997
- Board of Governors, N.C. Academy of Trial Lawyers, 2000 - 2006
- NC Criminal Law, NC Bar, 2001
- Given for excellence in capital defense., J. Kirk Osborn Award, N. C. Center for Death Penalty Litigation, 2018
Office location for Jonathan L. Megerian
175 East Salisbury Street
Asheboro, NC 27203
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2024