Matthew F. Altamura
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Asheboro, North CarolinaGarrett, Walker, Aycoth & Altamura LLP
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Workers' Compensation, Civil Litigation; view more
Licensed in North Carolina since: 2008
Education: George Mason University School of Law
Garrett, Walker, Aycoth & Altamura LLP515 W Salisbury St
Asheboro, NC 27203 Visit website
A partner at the law firm of Garrett, Walker, Aycoth & Altamura LLP, in Asheboro, North Carolina, Matthew F. Altamura serves clients in the surrounding regions. His practice area is focused on:
- Personal injury
- Nursing home abuse
- Wrongful death
- Criminal defense
- Traffic infractions
- Family law
- General civil litigation
- Workers’ compensation
Earning a bachelor’s with a double major in economics and philosophy from the College of William & Mary, Mr. Altamura went on to study law at the George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School. Graduating with his Juris Doctor in 2008, he was admitted to practice the same year in North Carolina and the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina.
A knowledgeable attorney, Mr. Altamura has handled several complex cases during his legal career, which spans more than a decade. He has represented numerous clients against large corporates, including national restaurant chains, nursing homes and major hospitals and manufacturers. Handling both small and large cases with the same amount of diligence and care, he has won several million-dollar settlements for his clients, helping them get the justice they deserve.
With a successful track record, Mr. Altamura has earned several recognitions from prominent associations. He has been rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell, for his high ethical standards and professionalism. The Business North Carolina magazine has mentioned him as a Legal Elite in the litigation category. Moreover, he has a “Superb” rating on Avvo, where you can also find positive reviews from his grateful clients. He is also a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a rare accomplishment among U.S. attorneys.
Mr. Altamura’s other honors include being listed by the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys in the Top 10 Under 40 list. The National Trial Lawyers have named him among the Top 40 Under 40, and the National Association of Distinguished Counsel have added him to their Top Attorneys list. He is the recipient of the Top 10 Attorney award by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys and the 10 Best in Client Satisfaction award by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Workers' Compensation: Claimant, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff, Criminal Defense, Family Law, General Litigation
Alimony & Spousal Support, Animal Bites, Assault, Assault & Battery, Brain Injury, Child Support, Construction Accident, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Dram Shop Laws, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Failure to Pay Child Support, Father's Rights, Felony, Litigation, Marital Property, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Paternity, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Prenuptial Agreements, Probation, Restraining Order, Same Sex Family Law, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Small Claims, Theft, Traffic Violations, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 40% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20% Workers' Compensation: Claimant
- 10% Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10% Criminal Defense
- 10% Family Law
- 10% General Litigation
First Admitted: 2008, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.asheborolawfirm.com/attorney/23/matthew-f-altamu...
- $5.25 million dollar settlement for personal injury and wrongful death claims resulting from a high speed vehicle collision. , 2019
- Settlement in excess of $3 million for personal injury and worker's compensation claims from exposure to hazardous materials., 2019
- Settlement in excess of $300,000 for restaurant negligence causing injury., 2018
- $250,000 settlement for woman attacked by neighbor's pitbull, 2016
- Peggy Williams and Michael Williams v. Joseph Dale Freeman d/b/a J&H Distributing and Alan Dwayne Freeman: Pedestrian crossing a loading dock at a manufacturing plant was struck by a tractor-trailer and drug approximately 20 feet. Verdict: $1,250,000, 2014
- Multiple settlements in excess of $2 million dollars, Life-time Membership, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2020
- Jury verdict and multiple settlements in excess of $1 million dollars, Life-time Membership, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2020
- Top 10 Under 40, National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2016
- Top 10 Attorney Award, National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2015
- Top 40 Under 40, National Trial Lawyers, 2014
- 10 Best - Client Satisfaction Award, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2015
- Top 10 Under 40, National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, 2015
- Top One Percent, National Association of Distinguished Counsel, 2015
Office location for Matthew F. Altamura
515 W Salisbury St
Asheboro, NC 27203
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2018, 2021 - 2023