Shannon L. Altamura
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Asheboro, North CarolinaGarrett, Walker, Aycoth & Altamura LLP
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Civil Litigation, General Litigation; view more
Licensed in North Carolina since: 2010
Education: George Mason University School of Law
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish
Garrett, Walker, Aycoth & Altamura LLP515 W Salisbury St
Asheboro, NC 27203 Visit website
Attorney Shannon L. Altamura is a partner with Garrett, Walker, Aycoth & Altamura LLP law firm in Asheboro, North Carolina. Serving clients in Alamance, Chatham, Davidson, Forsyth, Guilford, Montgomery, Moore, Randolph and Rockingham counties, Ms. Altamura focuses her practice primarily on personal injury law, and she provides exceptional advocacy and support to those who have suffered serious injuries or lost loved ones as a result of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
Over the course of her legal career spanning more than 10 years, Ms. Altamura has recovered millions of dollars in total compensation for her plaintiff clients adversely affected by motor vehicle accidents, defective products, dangerous animals, unsafe property conditions, nursing home neglect and other preventable tragedies. She also has extensive experience handling workers' compensation claims, and she has gained a reputation for her unwavering dedication to her clients and her aggressive approach to pursuing the most favorable outcomes possible on their behalf.
Among her most notable successes, Ms. Altamura obtained a settlement of $5.25 million for the sole surviving victim of a deadly motor vehicle accident along with other settlements in excess of $2 million for the victim of an electrocution and a broken pelvis as well as the victim of toxic chemical vapor exposure due to a product defect. She has also obtained many other high value awards for her injured clients in various areas of injury law, including dog bite injuries, slip and fall injuries, and nursing home injuries and deaths. In addition to injury law, Ms. Altamura also maintains a busy civil litigation practice, in the areas of estate, property, and business disputes.
As a result of her success, Ms. Altamura has earned a life-time membership in the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums, and she has received designation as a Top 40 Under 40 from the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys. She has also received the 10 Best in Client Satisfaction Award from the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys.
A 2006 honors graduate of Trinity University in Texas where she was a nationally acclaimed debater, Ms. Altamura obtained her Juris Doctor in 2010 from George Mason University School of Law.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff, General Litigation, Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff, Workers' Compensation: Claimant
Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 60% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10% Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10% General Litigation
- 10% Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 10% Workers' Compensation: Claimant
First Admitted: 2010, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.asheborolawfirm.com/attorney/21/shannon-l-altamu...
- J.D. from the George Mason University School of Law in Arlington, Virginia., 2010
- B.A. Honors graduate from Trinity University, Honors: 3rd speaker in the nation by the American Debate Association in 2003, 2006
- Exceptional and outstanding client service, 10 Best- North Carolina, American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2018
- Membership limited to attorneys who have obtained a verdict, award, or settlement valued at $1,000,000 or higher, Life-time Membership, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2019
- For excellence in the field of personal injury, Top 10 Under 40, National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2018
- Membership based on verdict, award, or settlement valued at least $2,000,000, Life-time Membership, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2019
- $2,500,000 settlement obtained in premises liability personal injury case involving electrocution and broken pelvis, 2020
- $5,250,000 settlement obtained against insurance company following a catastrophic motor vehicle accident, 2019
- $2,000,000 settlement obtained against global chemical distribution company on behalf of injured client exposed to hazardous chemical vapors, 2019
Office location for Shannon L. Altamura
515 W Salisbury St
Asheboro, NC 27203
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2023