Anna R. Hamrick
Top rated Workers' Compensation attorney in Asheville, North CarolinaGrimes Teich Anderson LLP
Anna R. Hamrick, a partner at the Asheville office of Grimes Teich Anderson in North Carolina, has dedicated over 25 years to the legal profession, focusing her practice on workers' compensation and Social Security Disability. Her commitment to excellence is reflected in her recognition as a North Carolina Board Certified Specialist in Workers' Compensation Law.
Graduating with a B.A. in English from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1991 and a J.D. from The George Washington University in 1994, Ms. Hamrick commenced her legal journey. Initially licensed in Virginia in 1994 and Washington, D.C., in 1995, she returned to North Carolina in 1996, marking the beginning of her significant contributions to the legal landscape of the state.
Ms. Hamrick proudly holds an AV Preeminent* peer-review rating through Martindale-Hubbell, a testament to her legal acumen and ethical standards. Inclusion in the 2018-2023 editions of Best Lawyers in America for Workers’ Compensation Law-Claimants further underscores her standing in the legal community. Currently serving her third term as North Carolina State Bar Councilor for Buncombe County, and she actively participates in Mountain Area Volunteer Attorney programs.
Having presided over the Western North Carolina Chapter of the North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys, Ms. Hamrick has contributed to the community vitally serving various other roles of leadership as well. She was on the North Carolina Bar Association’s Medico-Legal Liaison Committee and has served as the treasurer and a board member of Pisgah Legal Services and on the board of Pathways, Life After Cancer.
Ms. Hamrick's professional affiliations include memberships in the North Carolina Advocates for Justice and the North Carolina Bar Association. She is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Western, Eastern and Middle Districts of North Carolina, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasWorkers' Compensation: Claimant, Social Security Disability
- 80% Workers' Compensation: Claimant
- 20% Social Security Disability
First Admitted: 1994, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://www.grimesandteich.com/anna-hamrick/
- North Carolina Board Certified Specialist in Workers' Compensation Law
- Best Lawyers In America® Workers' Compensation Law - Plaintiffs, 2018-2024
- AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Super Lawyers® North Carolina - Workers' Compensation, 2015-2016, 2018-2023
- North Carolina Bar Association, Workers’ Compensation and Disability Advocacy Sections Member
- NCBA Medico-Legal Liaison Committee, Former Member
- North Carolina State Bar, State Bar Councilor, Publications Editorial Board, Former Advisory Member
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants
- North Carolina, 1996
- WNC Chapter of the NC Association of Women Attorneys, Past President
- Buncombe County Bar Association, Executive Committee, 2000-2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court Eastern District of North Carolina
- United States District Court Middle District of North Carolina
- United States District Court Western District of North Carolina
- B.A., University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 1991
Office location for Anna R. Hamrick
535 College Street
Asheville, NC 28801
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2016, 2018 - 2024