George B. Currin
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Asheville, NC
Attorney George B. Currin is the founder and owner of George B. Currin, Attorney at Law, which has law offices in Asheville North Carolina. A top-rated trial and appellate attorney, Mr. Currin has more than 34 years of total legal experience, and he provides counsel and representation to clients across the state of North Carolina who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Appellate advocacy
· Criminal trial defense
· Civil litigation
· Post-conviction representation
· Land use and zoning litigation
· Drug tax and forfeiture matters
A native of North Carolina, Mr. Currin graduated from North Carolina State University in 1983, where he received induction into the Pi Sigma Alpha Honor Society for his exceptional academic achievements in political science. He then attended Campbell University's Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor degree cum laude in 1987.
While in law school, he was a member of the prestigious Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, and he earned American Jurisprudence Book Awards in the areas of Real Property I, Contracts I, Contracts II, Criminal Law, Wills and Estates, and Personal Property. He graduated fourth in his class, and he is admitted to practice before all U.S. District Courts in North Carolina as well as before the U.S. Court for the 4th Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Currin has achieved remarkable success fighting for the rights and interests of his clients at trial, and he has become one of the state's leading appellate attorneys, having secured numerous favorable outcomes for his clients following a criminal conviction or unfavorable ruling in court. He has handled cases in over 60 counties throughout the state as well as in various jurisdictions across the country.
Active in his legal community, Mr. Currin is a member of the North Carolina Bar Association's Criminal Law, Land Use and Appellate Sections as well as the Wake County Bar Association. He also once served on the 10th Judicial District Bar’s Grievance Committee, and he is a former member of the North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the American Bar Association. He also has conducted lectures and continuing legal education seminars across his region on a variety of legal topics.
About George B. Currin
First Admitted: 1987, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: http://www.currinandcurrin.com/george-b-currin/
- Buncombe County Bar Association, Member
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- N.C. Academy of Trial Lawyers, Member
- Federal District Courts of North Carolina (Eastern, Middle, and Western)
- Appellate Section, the Land Use Section, and the Criminal Law Section of the North Carolina Bar Association, Member
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit in Richmond
- North Carolina
- North Carolina State University, Pi Sigma Alpha Honor Society for Political Science, B.A, 1983
- Campbell University, American Jurisprudence Book Awards (highest grade in class) in Real Property I, Contracts I, Contracts II, Criminal Law, Personal Property, and Wills & Estates. Final Class Rank: 4th
- CLE seminars
- Campbell University, Campbell Law Review
Last Updated: 9/21/2022