Henry E. Teich
Top rated Workers' Compensation attorney in Asheville, North CarolinaGrimes Teich Anderson, LLP
Practice Areas: Workers' Compensation, Personal Injury; view more
Licensed in North Carolina since: 1978
Education: University of San Francisco School of Law
Our office remains open, and in response to COVID-19 we have expanded our options for remote consultations and virtual meetings. Please contact our office to discuss what meeting option best fits your situation. Call 828-251-0800.
Grimes Teich Anderson, LLP535 College Street
Asheville, NC 28801 Visit website
Henry E. Teich, the senior partner and co-founder of Grimes Teich Anderson, LLP, located in Asheville, North Carolina, concentrates his practice on workers’ compensation and personal injury law. Licensed to practice law for over 40 years, he has provided high-quality legal services to those who have sustained an injury in North Carolina and have a hard time getting compensation from the insurance companies concerned only about their bottom line.
Certified as a workers’ compensation law specialist by the North Carolina State Bar’s Board of Legal Specialization, Hank is committed to protecting the rights of injured workers and victims of accidents and wrongful deaths in court of law or before the North Carolina Industrial Commission. Because of his experience and knowledge, he has the ability to deal with large insurance companies and corporations to help his clients receive the proper medical treatment and workers compensation benefits at the right time as allowed by NC Law.
Mr. Teich is a 1971 graduate of Stony Brook University. He earned his Ph.D. in psychology from the University of South Carolina in 1975, followed by his Juris Doctor from the University of San Francisco School of Law in 1978. He began his legal career as an assistant county attorney for Buncombe County in 1980, which led to his appointment as the Buncombe County Public Guardian in 1987. During his 20-year tenure, he aided incompetent adults and mentally disabled veterans in Buncombe County and across North Carolina.
In addition to having served on the North Carolina Advocates for Justice’s board of governors, he is a member of the Workers’ Compensation Section’s Executive Committee. Mr. Teich is a member of the Workers’ Injury Law & Advocacy Group and the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, in which membership is limited only to attorneys who have won million dollar verdicts and settlements.
Over the years, Mr. Teich has received many awards and honors for his service to the legal profession. He has an Avvo score of 10.0 out of 10.0 and has been listed among the top Workers’ Compensation Law – Claimants attorneys by The Best Lawyers in America for four consecutive years. He has received the Order of Service Award and Ebbie Award from the North Carolina Advocates for Justice and a Distinguished* rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasWorkers' Compensation: Claimant, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Construction Accident, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 90% Workers' Compensation: Claimant
- 10% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1978, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.grimesandteich.com/henry-e-teich/
- Asheville Lyric Opera - former board member; Mimosa Fishing Club and Marina at Lake James - board member; Caring for Children - former board member.
- Ebbie Award – North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Super Lawyers® North Carolina - Workers' Compensation Law 2010, 2012-2017, and 2019-2022
- Best Lawyers in America® Workers' Compensation Law - Plaintiffs 2016-2022
- Order of Service 2007, 2010, 2014-2018 from North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers, now North Carolina Advocates for Justice. Awarded to members for generous contributions of service in advancing the Academy's mission of protecting people's rights.
- U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers in America® - Best Law Firms, Workers Compensation, Tier 1 Metropolitan Ranking.
- Listed in U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers In America® for Workers' Compensation Law-Claimants since 2016.
- North Carolina Board Certified Specialist in Workers' Compensation since 2000
- University of South Carolina, Ph.D. in Psychology 1975
- State University of New York at Stony Brook, B.A. 1971
- Admitted North Carolina, 1978
- North Carolina, 1978
- North Carolina Board Certified Specialist in Workers' Compensation
- Member, American Association of Justice
- Member, 28th Judicial Bar Association
- Member, Workplace Law and Advocacy Group
- Executive Committee, Workers' Compensation Section, North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association
- Public Guardian, Buncombe County, 1987–2007
- Former Member, Board of Governors, North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Benefactor of North Carolina Advocates for Justice.
Office location for Henry E. Teich
535 College Street
Asheville, NC 28801
- Super Lawyers: 2010, 2012 - 2017, 2019 - 2023