Marion K. Parsons
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Asheville, NC
Marion K. Parsons, of Parsons Law PA, in Asheville, North Carolina, focuses her practice exclusively on family law and juvenile law, working with matters involving divorce, child custody disputes, marital property matters, child and spousal support, domestic violence, juvenile law and parent defense, matters involving the Department of Social Services Child Protective Services, marital torts, and other issues. She represents a wide range of clients throughout the Asheville metropolitan area.
Ms. Parsons provides compassionate and dedicated representation for people going through a difficult time. She provides guidance throughout each step of the process and strives to achieve a resolution that meets her clients’ goals, and is in their best interests and those of their children.
While most family law cases are resolved out of court, Ms. Parsons is an experienced and aggressive advocate in the courtroom when going to trial is the appropriate way to bring her clients the best results. She understands that legal disputes present significant financial, mental and emotional challenges, and she treats her clients with compassion as she tailors her approach to each individual case.
Trial work is her passion. Ms. Parsons has served as an assistant coach for her former Wake Forest University School of Law Trial Team (AAJ), and coached high school teams in Western North Carolina for mock trial. Additionally, she has been the regional coordinator for Western North Carolina's High School Mock Trial.
Ms. Parsons enjoys staying involved in her legal community. She is a member of the Family Law section of the North Carolina Bar Association. She also belongs to the Buncombe County Bar, the Buncombe County Family Law Bar, and the Buncombe County Bar Young Lawyers Division.
Ms. Parsons earned a bachelor’s degree from Western Michigan University and received her law degree from Wake Forest School of Law. She holds licenses to practice law in North Carolina and Oregon, the Eastern Band of Cherokee Tribal Court, as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina.
About Marion K. Parsons
First Admitted: 2010, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.attorneyparsons.com/attorney/parsons-marion/
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston Salem, North Carolina - Juris Doctor
- University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan - B.A., Bachelor of Arts Major: Literature Minor: Biology
- Member, 28th Judicial District Bar
- Guest Speaker, South College Asheville, 2019, 2020
- Presenter, "GAL- Rethinking Who Speaks for the Child’s Best Interest” North Carolina Parent Attorney Conference - 2017
- Presenter, Young Lawyers Division Panel, 28th Judicial District Bar Professionalism For New Admittees Program - 2018
- Coach, American Association for Justice Trial Team, January 2011 – 2018
- Regional Coordinator, American Association for Justice Regional Mock Trial 2014-2016
- Executive Committee Member, 28th Judicial District of North Carolina, 2012-2015
- Assistant Coach, Wake Forest University School of Law American Association for Justice Trial Team, 2010-2011
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association, Family and Juvenile Bar Member, 2010-Present
- Member, Wake Forest University School of Law American Association for Justice Trial Team
- Member, Wake Forest University School of Law Trial Bar - 2008 - 2010
- Editor-in-Chief, The Hearsay, Wake Forest University School of Law Student Newspaper
- Participant, Wake Forest University School of Law Litigation Clinic - 2008-2010
- Member, American Inns of Court 2008-2010
- Member, Western Michigan University Equestrian Team - Hunter/Jumper 2004-2006
- Member, Western Michigan University Chapter Sigma Tau Delta 2005-2006
- Instructor, Western Michigan University Writing Center 2005-2007
- Admitted to the North Carolina State Bar., 2010
- Admitted to the Oregon State Bar., 2011
- Admitted the United States District Court Western District of North Carolina., 2011
- Admitted to the Eastern Band of Cherokee Tribal Court., 2012
- Legal Services
Last Updated: 8/10/2022