Patrick S. McCroskey
Top rated Family Law attorney in Asheville, North CarolinaGHMA Law
Practice Areas: Family Law
Licensed in North Carolina since: 1995
Education: University of North Carolina School of Law
GHMA Law47 N Market St
Asheville, NC 28801 Phone: 828-258-3368 Email: Patrick S. McCroskey Visit website
Patrick McCroskey is a Board Certified Specialist in Family Law and an American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Fellow. He limits his family law practice to complex matters surrounding separation and divorce. As a Certified Family Financial Mediator, Patrick provides services to other family law attorneys and their clients through mediation, and to the community at large in his capacity as Buncombe County Certified Parenting Coordinator.
Since 2007, Patrick has been continuously recognized by Best Lawyers in America, and named the Family Law Lawyer of the Year for Asheville in 2015, 2017, and 2020. He has been named to North Carolina Super Lawyers master list since 2012, and was listed in their Rising Stars category in 2009 and 2010. Patrick has been an AV Preeminent Peer Rated Lawyer by Martindale Hubbell since 2010 and was included in the Business North Carolina Legal Elite in 2012, and continuously since 2014.
First Admitted: 1995, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: http://www.gumandhillier.com/our-firm/patrick-s-mccroskey/
- It has always been important to me that I give back to the community. For the past several years I've taught youth martial arts and jiu-jitsu to local children and have been an instructor in numerous women's self-defense classes and rape awareness and prevention classes for community organizations.
- I have been privileged to participate in various activities in Western North Carolina. I have served on the Board of Directors for the Family Visitation Center, a non-profit organization specializing in safe child exchanges and monitored visitation for children in difficult custody cases. I have served on the Nominating Committee of the 28th Judicial District Bar and am presently a member of the Executive Committee serving a three year term. In addition, I have been appointed as a councilor and committee member to the Family Law Section of the North Carolina Bar Association.
- Duke University, Political Science, 1992
- I am a Board Certified Specialist in Family Law by the North Carolina Board of Legal Specialization., 2003
- AAML Fellow since 2009, 2009
- Family Law-Asheville, Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers in America, 2015
- , Martindale Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Rated Lawyer, since 2010, Martindale Hubbel
- , Best Lawyers in America, Family Law Section, since 2007, Best Lawyers in America
- , Lawyer of the Year , Best Lawyers in America , 2020
- Patrick has received consistently listed since 2007., Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers in America, 2007
- , Legal Elite Family Law Section, Business North Carolina Magazine, 2012, since 2014, Business North Carolina Magazine
- Lawyer of the Year, Family, Asheville, Best Lawyers In America, 2017
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2009 - 2010
Certificates and credentials