Top rated Estate Planning & Probate attorney in Cary, North CarolinaCarolina Family Estate Planning
Practice Areas: Estate Planning & Probate, Elder Law
Licensed in North Carolina since: 2006
Education: University of Richmond School of Law
Jackie Bedard’s practice focuses on estate planning and long-term care planning. Often this involves helping clients balance taking care of themselves, protecting their family, planning for the possibility of long-term care needs, and preserving family wealth.
Jackie determined early on that traditional estate planning has primarily focused on what happens upon death, but a far more pressing concern for many families today is—what happens if you don’t die suddenly, but instead need long-term care for several months or years? A comprehensive estate and long-term care plan should address both of these concerns.
Jackie is a member of WealthCounsel, ElderCounsel, and Leading Lawyers on Planning & Protecting (all of which are national organizations of attorneys committed to excellence in estate planning and elder care planning). Jackie is also a VA accredited attorney with the Department of Veteran Affairs.
Locally, Jackie is a board of director member of the North Carolina chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, a former member of the board of trustees of Transitions Life Care (formerly known as Hospice of Wake County), a member board of directors of local non-profit the Guiding Lights Caregiver Support Center, a council member of the North Carolina Bar Association’s Elder Law Section, and a member of the North Carolina Bar Association’s Estate Planning Section.
Jackie earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Economics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and graduated law school magna cum laude in the top 7% of her class at the University of Richmond, School of Law.
Jackie resides in Cary with her husband, Dan, and their two dogs, Nala and Nelly. Jackie also enjoys CrossFit, reading, cooking, music, and more.
Jackie's practice areas include wills, living trusts, asset protection trusts, powers of attorney, health care directives, living wills, long-term care planning, Medicaid planning, Veteran's Aid & Attendance benefits planning, special needs planning, children's safeguard planning, probate and estate administration, and trust administration.
First Admitted: 2006, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.carolinafep.com/bio/jackie-bedard.cfm
- Bachelor of Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2002
- Member of National Network of Estate Planning Attorneys, 2009
- WealthCounsel Member, 2013
- North Carolina Bar Association, Estate Planning & Elder Law Divisions, 2006
- Member of Medicaid Practice Network, 2011
- Member of National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, 2011
- ElderCounsel Member, 2013
- Recognition awarded after completion of National Network of Estate Planning Attorneys Practice Transformation Program involving a series of in-person and remote education over the course of one year., Member National Network Estate Planner, National Network of Estate Planning Attorneys, 2009
- Jackie Bedard was voted runner-up for Best Lawyer in Cary Magazine's 2016 Maggy Awards., Honorable Mention, Maggy Awards, Cary Magazine, 2016
- Recognition awarded to graduates of Advaned Practicum Implementation Program after 18 months of remove and in-person estate planning and practice management education. , Graduate of Advanced Practicum Implementation Program, National Network of Estate Planning Attorneys, 2011
- One of 30 Western Wake professionals recgonized for professional and community accomplishments., Movers & Shakers, Cary Magazine, 2015
- Board Member, Board of Directors, Guiding Lights Caregiver Support Center, 2013
- Board Member, Board of Trustees, Hospice of Wake County, 2015
- National Academy Of Elder Law Attorneys--NC Chapter Board Member
- NCBA Elder Law Section--Council Member
- NCBA Estate Planning Section
- VA Accredited Attorney
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2020