Donna Ambler Rice
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Chapel Hill, NC
Attorney Donna Ambler Rice is the founder and principal of her law firm, Donna Ambler Davis, PC, located in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Board certified as a Family Law Specialist and possessing more than 31 years of legal experience, Ms. Rice represents the needs and interests of clients throughout the greater Triangle region of Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill who are going through a divorce or have some other serious family law issue they need to address.
Along with being certified in family law, Ms. Rice is also a certified collaborative lawyer, and she holds her certification as a Family Financial Mediator by the North Carolina Dispute Resolution Commission. As such, she prefers to use alternative methods of dispute resolution to help her clients resolve their conflicts and reach agreements in the most amicable and cost-effective manner possible. However, she will not hesitate to take her clients' matters to court when necessary to significantly increase the odds of achieving the favorable outcomes they expect and deserve.
Recognized for her impeccable professionalism and exceptional legal abilities, Ms. Rice holds a Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished* peer-review rating, and she has earned numerous other accolades from her peers. In addition, she has received many positive reviews and referrals from her satisfied clients.
A 1985 magna cum laude graduate of Montclair State College, Ms. Rice attended Washington & Lee University School of Law, where she obtained her Juris Doctor in 1988. Over the course of her career, she has gained significant experience handling cases before all state and federal courts in the state, including the North Carolina Supreme Court.
A leader in her field, Ms. Rice once served as chairperson of the Children’s Issues Committee for the North Carolina Bar Association's Family Law Section. She has also served as chairperson for the Orange County's Family Lawyers' Association and the Family Law Section of the North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers.
Furthermore, Ms. Rice is the former secretary/treasurer of the Judicial District 18 Bar Association, and she is an active member of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice, the Academy of Family Mediators, the North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys and the Triangle Collaborative Family Law Group, among her other professional affiliations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 100%Family Law
- Super Lawyers: 2009
Certificates and Credentials
- North Carolina Board of Legal Specialization
About Donna Ambler Rice
First Admitted: 1988, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: http://makingyouwholeagain.com/our-legal-team
- Petersen v. Rogers, 445 S.E.2d 901, 337 N.C. 397 (N.C., 1994)
- In the Matter of the Adoption of P.E.P., 407 S.E.2d 505, 329 N.C. 692 (N.C., 1991)
- Member, North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys
- Member, Triangle Collaborative Family Law Association
- Member, The Academy of Family Mediators
- Member, North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Member, Orange County Bar Association
- Member, Judicial District 18 Bar Association
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Member, North Carolina State Bar Association
- Former Chairperson of the North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyer’s Family Law Section
- Past Secretary/Treasurer of the Judicial District 18 Bar Association
- Past Chairperson of the Orange County's Family Lawyers' Association
- Past Chairperson of the Children’s Issues Committee of the Family Law Section of the North Carolina Bar Association
- Montclair State College, B.A. degree, magna cum laude, May, 1985
- Peer Review Rating by Martindale Hubble - BV Distinguished Attorney, 4.4
- Selected 2009 North Carolina Super Lawyers
- Certified Collaborative Lawyer
- Certified Family Financial Mediator by the North Carolina Dispute Resolution Commission
- Board Certified Family Law Specialist
Last Updated: 3/3/2020