Christopher C. Fialko
Top rated White Collar Crimes attorney in Charlotte, North CarolinaFialko Law PLLC
Chris Fialko helps people who are in trouble, or are somehow being touched by criminal investigations in federal or state court.
Christopher C. Fialko is the founder of Fialko Law, PLLC, in Charlotte, North Carolina. Fialko devotes his practice to criminal defense law in both state and federal courts and is experienced in high-end criminal cases ranging from white collar federal cases to blue collar state and federal cases involving assault, drug trafficking, embezzlement, murder, robbery, sex crimes and other felonies and misdemeanors.
Fialko represents many clients who are professionals, including attorneys, bankers, doctors, real estate agents and other business people who are under investigation or facing state or federal criminal charges in Charlotte and throughout North Carolina. He is admitted to practice in all North Carolina state courts and before the U.S. District Courts for the Western, Middle, and Eastern federal districts of North Carolina.
Fialko has earned awards and recognition by various entities in the legal profession. He is AV Preeminent* rated by the peer review organization Martindale-Hubbell and is listed among the “legal elite” by Business North Carolina magazine.
From 2011 - 2020, Fialko helped improve the justice system as an appointed member of the North Carolina Sentencing and Policy Advisory Commission. He served on the Board of Governors of North Carolina Advocates for Justice for nine years. He belongs to professional organizations including the Mecklenburg County Bar, the North Carolina Bar Association, and is a Life Member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Mr. Fialko earned a bachelor’s degree in economics from Stanford University and attained his law degree from the University of North Carolina School of Law in Chapel Hill. He is board-certified in federal and state criminal defense by the North Carolina Bar Association and has been licensed to practice law since 1992.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal Defense: White Collar, Criminal Defense
Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Criminal Law - Federal, Drug & Alcohol Violations, False Accusations, Felony, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Theft, White Collar Crime
- 70% Criminal Defense: White Collar
- 30% Criminal Defense
First Admitted: 1992, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: http://www.fialko-law.com/chris-fialko/
- Graduate of Stanford University, B.A. in Economics, 1988
- Stanford University, B.A. in Economics, 1988
- Board Certified Specialist in Federal and State Criminal Law 2002-2027. Recertified 2022., 2002
- Fialko wrote an Amicus Brief in the 4th Circuit landmark case of United States v. Simmons. The en banc circuit rules that under North Carolina's Structured Sentencing, many felonies do not count when calculating a defendant's federal criminal history, because they were not punishable for more than a year. , Amicus attorney, Amicus Brief in United States v. Simmons, N.C. Advocates For Justice, 2011
- AV rated by the venerable Martindale-Hubbell, Martindale-Hubbell, 2022
- , Named Charlotte's White Collar Lawyer of Year by Best Lawyers, Best Lawyers, 2021
- Legal Elite by Business Magazine in Criminal Defense, Business Magazine, 2022
- Greater Charlotte’s 2016 Best Lawyer in Non-White Collar Criminal Defense by Best Lawyers, Named Charlotte's Best Lawyer in Non-White Collar Criminal Defense by Best Lawyers, Best Lawyers, U.S. News and World Report, 2016
- Super Lawyer
- Board Member, Mecklenburg County Board of Elections, 2023
- Mecklenburg County Board of Elections, Board Member, 2023
- NACDL White Collar Crime Committee Member, 2022
- North Carolina Sentencing & Policy Advisory Commission, 2011-2020, 2020
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Board of Governors, 2006-2012, 2015-2018
- Mecklenburg County Bar
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Life Member and White Collar
- United States District Court, Middle District of NC
- United States District Court, Eastern District of NC
- United States District Court, Western District of NC
- National Association Of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- NC Sentencing And Policy Advisory Board
- North Carolina Advocates For Justice
Office location for Christopher C. Fialko
529 W Summit Ave
Charlotte, NC 28203
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2024
Top ListsTop 100: North Carolina Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2024
- Top 100: 2024 North Carolina Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2023 North Carolina Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2022 North Carolina Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2021 North Carolina Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2020 North Carolina Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2019 North Carolina Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2018 North Carolina Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2017 North Carolina Super Lawyers
Certificates and credentials
Criminal Law Federal
Criminal Law State