Derek P. Adler
Top rated personal injury attorney in Charlotte, North CarolinaDeVore, Acton & Stafford, P.A.
Derek P. Adler is an attorney with the law firm of DeVore, Acton & Stafford, P.A., located in Charlotte, North Carolina. Serving clients throughout the Charlotte metro region and across Mecklenburg County and the surrounding areas, Mr. Adler focuses his practice primarily on catastrophic personal injury claims, wrongful death cases, contract disputes, bad faith insurance claims, construction issues and property disputes. He also represents clients charged with traffic violations and other minor offenses as well as those seeking to have their criminal records expunged.
A highly rated attorney known for his dedication to his clients' needs and astute legal acumen, Mr. Adler has helped secure substantial, multimillion-dollar settlements and awards on behalf of personal injury victims and victims of insurance bad faith. In addition, he has led a successful appeals practice, where he has obtained reversals on court rulings that initially denied innocent personal injury victims their rightful compensation.
In 2006, Mr. Adler graduated magna cum laude from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a Bachelor of Arts in political science, and he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa. He then returned to his alma mater and obtained his Juris Doctor from The University of North Carolina School of Law in 2009.
That same year, the North Carolina State Bar admitted him to practice, and he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Fully committed to his practice, Mr. Adler once served as president for The Chief Justice William H. Bobbitt American Inn of Court. He is also a member of the Mecklenburg County Bar and the American Bar Association in addition to his involvement with the North Carolina State Bar.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, General litigation, Construction litigation: business
Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Litigation, Construction defects
- 50% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 30% General litigation
- 20% Construction litigation: business
First Admitted: 2009, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.devact.com/attorney/adler-derek-p/
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, 2019
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2013
- North Carolina Bar Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Past President and Current Member – Bobbitt Inn of Court
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina
- North Carolina State Bar
- American Bar Association
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, B.A., Honors: magna cum laude, Honors: Phi Beta Kappa, Major: Political Science, 2006
- , Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2021
- , Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2020
- , Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2019
- , Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2018
Office location for Derek P. Adler
438 Queens Road
Charlotte, NC 28207
- Rising Stars: 2018 - 2023