Eben T. Rawls, III
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Charlotte, NC
An attorney with more than 30 years' experience, Eben T. Rawls III has represented many professionals, doctors, lawyers, bankers, securities traders, CEO's, labor union presidents and elected officials. Mr. Rawls focuses exclusively on defending people accused of crimes at his Charlotte firm, Rawls, Scheer, Clary, & Mingo P.L.L.C. He has been Board Certified by the North Carolina State Bar since 1991 as a board certified specialist in the areas of both Federal Criminal Law and North Carolina State Criminal Law.
Mr. Rawls has handled cases in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Virginia, New York, New Jersey and California. He has also handled complicated international cases that required travel to Norway, England and other foreign nations. He has received an AV* rating by Martindale-Hubbell signifying the highest legal ability rating and the highest rating for ethical conduct. The Bar Registry of Preeminent Lawyers lists Mr. Rawls as one of the nation's top criminal defense attorneys. He is recognized in Best Lawyers in America in 2 different areas of criminal law practice.
Mr. Rawls is admitted to practice in North Carolina and the Eastern, Western and Middle Districts of the U.S. District Courts of North Carolina, as well as the U.S. Supreme Court. Mr. Rawls has been a North Carolina State Bar Councilor 2016-Present.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 60%Criminal Defense
- 40%Criminal Defense: White Collar
Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Felony, Misdemeanor, Murder, Tax Evasion, Theft, Criminal Domestic Violence, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law - Federal
- Super Lawyers: 2006, 2008 - 2022
About Eben T. Rawls, III
First Admitted: 1978, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://rdslaw.com/eben-rawls/
- North Carolina State Bar Councilor from 26th District
- Former Chair Mecklenburg County Bar Criminal Justice Section
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Life Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- American Bar Association, 1979 - Present
- North Carolina Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina
- North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers, 1979 - Present
- Legal Elite – Business North Carolina Magazine, North Carolina Legal elite, Business North Carolina Magazine
- The Best Lawyers in America - White-Collar Criminal Defense and Non-White-Collar Criminal Defense, 2 categories - Crimianl Law and White Collar Criminal Law, Best Lawyers In America
- AV Rating Martindale-Hubbell Bar Registry of Preeminent Lawyers, Martindale-Hubbell
- North Carolina State Bar Board Certified Specialist Federal and State Criminal Law
- Duke University, B.A., cum laude, 1972
Last Updated: 5/15/2022