Elizabeth A. Martineau
Top Rated General Litigation Attorney in Charlotte, NC
A veteran of the United States Marine Corps, Elizabeth A. Martineau is partner at Martineau King PLLC. Representing those in South Carolina and North Carolina, her areas of practice include products liability, defense of government and municipalities, professional malpractice, insurance coverage and first party litigation, construction litigation, transportation litigation and employment law.
She earned a Bachelor of Arts when she graduated cum laude from the University of New Hampshire, then achieved her goal of becoming an attorney when she earned her Juris Doctor from Western New England University School of Law. For her high ethical standards and long list of successful results, she holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
With a reputation for a strong work ethic, loyalty to her clients and tenaciousness, Ms. Martineau has worked extensively in both the federal and state courts. She is a member of the Military Officers Association of America, the South Carolina Women Lawyers Association, the North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys, the North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys, the North Carolina Bar Association, the Mecklenburg County Bar and the Defense Research Institute.
Within the federal court system, Ms. Martineau began her career as a Special Assistant United States Attorney. She also attended the Naval Justice School and provides aggressive, mature legal representation combined with precise legal analysis for every case she takes on. During her career, she has worked with clients in a long list of industries, including the following: trucking and logistics, professionals, local and national corporations, insurance, government and municipalities, and employers.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Elizabeth A. Martineau
First Admitted: 1994, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://www.martineauking.com/our-attorneys/elizabeth-a-mart...
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent rating
- University of New Hampshire, B.A., cum laude
- Military Officers Association of America
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
- North Carolina Women’s Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- United States District Court, South Carolina, 2011
- United States Supreme Court, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina, 2000
- United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina, 2000
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina, 2000
- South Carolina, 2009
- North Carolina, 1999
- Government and Municipalities
- Insurance Industry
- Local and National Corporations
- Trucking and Logistic Industries
Last Updated: 5/15/2022