Kerry B. Everett
Top rated employment & labor attorney in Charlotte, North CarolinaEverett Law, PLLC
Practice Areas: Employment & labor, Family law, Employment litigation; view more
Licensed in North Carolina since: 1999
Education: Seattle University School of Law
Everett Law, PLLC3440 Toringdon Way
Charlotte, NC 28277 Visit website
Attorney Kerry B. Everett is the founder and owner of Everett Law, PLLC, in Charlotte, North Carolina. A top-rated attorney with more than 20 years of legal experience, Ms. Everett focuses her practice primarily on employment law and adoptions. She also has extensive experience handling family law matters such as divorce, child custody and support, alimony, and other related issues.
Serving a diverse range of clients throughout Mecklenburg County and the surrounding areas, Ms. Everett has achieved notable success advocating on behalf of employees who suffered discrimination, harassment and wrongful termination in the workplace as well as all other types of serious employee grievances. Through her adoption practice, she has assisted hundreds of clients with domestic adoptions, international adoptions, agency adoptions, stepparent adoptions, termination of parental rights, adult adoptions and more.
At all turns, Ms. Everett has proven herself an invaluable ally for those in need, and she has earned a reputation for her compassion and her devotion to helping her clients achieve the positive results they seek no matter how complex their situations. Recognized for her success, she received a Legal Elite designation from Business North Carolina magazine in 2019, and she has earned numerous other accolades from her peers along with many positive testimonials and referrals from her satisfied clients.
A 1990 cum laude graduate of The University of Alabama, Ms. Everett attended Seattle University School of Law, where she served as the Seattle University Law Review's Editor-in-Chief and Moot Court board member. She obtained her Juris Doctor in 1999, and she is admitted to practice before all North Carolina state courts as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit.
Committed to her practice, Ms. Everett is an active member of the North Carolina Bar Association and the Mecklenburg County Bar. She also supports her local community through her involvement with HOME Ministry of Calvary Church and Habitat for Humanity of Charlotte, where she is a member of the Division Personnel Committee.
Practice areasEmployment & labor: employer, Family law, Employment litigation: defense
Employment law - employee, Adoption, Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Divorce, Name change, Marital property, Employment discrimination, Wrongful termination, Retaliation, Employment law - employer
First Admitted: 1999
Professional Webpage: https://www.keverettlaw.com
- University of Alabama, Bachelor of Arts degree, Communication, Cum Laude 1990
- Member, Moot Court Board, 1996-98
- Co-chair Community Service Committee, Mecklenburg County Bar Association, 2018
- Chairperson, Lawyers Referral Services Committee, Mecklenburg County Bar, 2014-15
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- North Carolina
- Federal Western District Court of North Carolina
- Chairperson, Lawyers Referral Service Committee, Mecklenburg County Bar Association, 2015
- Editor-in-Chief, Seattle University Law Review, 1998-99
- HOME Ministry of Calvary Church
- Member, Board of Directors for United Faith Christian Academy from 2012-13
- Habitat for Humanity Charlotte Division Personnel Committee
- Selectee for Super Lawyers, 2019
- Legal Elite, Business North Carolina magazine, 2019
Office location for Kerry B. Everett
3440 Toringdon Way
Charlotte, NC 28277
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023