Laura B. Burt
Top rated Family Law attorney in Charlotte, North CarolinaWofford Burt PLLC
Attorney Laura B. Burt is a partner at Wofford Burt PLLC in Charlotte, North Carolina, where she focuses her practice on family law. Ms. Burt has experience in numerous areas of family law, including alimony, child custody, divorce, division of marital property, post-nuptial agreements, spousal support and visitation. She represents clients throughout the Charlotte metropolitan area.
Ms. Burt is an experienced collaborative law attorney and also represents clients in mediation. She is a founding member of the Mecklenburg County Collaborative Family Law Group and has held many leadership positions with the group, including president and vice president.
Ms. Burt is the recipient of several honors and awards for her accomplishments in the legal profession. Business North Carolina magazine included her on its “legal elite” list for many years and Martindale-Hubbell awarded her an AV Preeminent* peer review rating. This is the organization’s highest available rating, presented to attorneys with high ethical standards and legal capability.
Active in her legal community, Ms. Burt is a member of the Mecklenburg County Bar and the North Carolina Bar Association. She is also involved in her local community. She sits on the board of advisors of Fashion & Compassion and belongs to Social Venture Partners, an organization that supports nonprofits and donors.
After earning a bachelor’s degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Ms. Burt received her law degree from Wake Forest Law. She is a board-certified specialist in family law by the North Carolina State Bar Legal Specialization and is a certified North Carolina family financial settlement mediator. She holds a license to practice law in North Carolina.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Prenuptial Agreements
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 1991, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.woffordburt.com/our-team/laura-burt/
- Member, Social Venture Partners
- Board of Advisors, Fashion & Compassion
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Attends Myers Park Methodist Church
- Pro Bono Committee, Mecklenburg County Bar, 2017
- Vice President - Mecklenburg County Collaborative Family Law Practice Group, 2009
- President of Mecklenburg County Collaborative Family Law Practice Group, 2011
- Named a Super Lawyer Selectee, 2019 and 2020
- AV Rated Attorney, Martindale Hubbell
- Legal Elite - Family Law, Business North Carolina Magazine, 2017
- Legal Elite - Family Law, Business North Carolina Magazine, 2015
- Legal Elite - Family Law, Business North Carolina Magazine, 2013
- Business North Carolina, Legal Elite - Family Law, Business North Carolina Magazine, 2010
- Business North Carolina, Legal Elite - Family Law, Business North Carolina Magazine, 2007
- Speaker, Family Law Continuing Legal Education Programs, Mecklenburg County, NC, Family Law matters, particularly Collaborative Law Issues
- Board Certified Specialist in Family Law
- Certified NC Family Financial Settlement Mediator
- BA- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1988
Office location for Laura B. Burt
4601 Park Rd
Charlotte, NC 28209
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2024
Certificates and credentials