Lex M. Erwin
Top rated business litigation attorney in Charlotte, North CarolinaNexsen Pruet, PLLC
Lex M. Erwin is a partner with the Charlotte, North Carolina, law firm of Erwin, Capitano & Moss, P.A. He focuses his practice on construction law, employment law, real estate disputes and commercial litigation. He has had articles published on various construction litigation issues and is regularly asked to speak on these matters. Representative cases include:
- Obtaining a 100% recovery for a subcontractor client after a multi-week jury trial.
- Securing a complete dismissal on summary judgment of the case against his client in a real estate dispute.
- Winning an early dismissal of a large, well-known developer of a commercial office building.
Mr. Erwin graduated with his J.D. from the University of North Carolina in 2000. In 2011, he was named one of Legal Elite's Young Guns (Best Under 40). He has also been named as a Rising Star in Super Lawyers magazine from 2010-2013.
Mr. Erwin is admitted to practice in North Carolina, in North Carolina federal district courts, in Georgia, in the Federal District Court for the Northern District of Georgia and in the Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Civil litigation: defense, Construction litigation: business
- 40% Business litigation
- 30% Civil litigation: defense
- 30% Construction litigation: business
First Admitted: 2000, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.nexsenpruet.com/professionals-lex-erwin
- Obtained a favorable settlement for several subcontractors that performed work on a $100 million, 1,200 acre golf course project where the developer went out of business.
- Board of Directors, Secretary, Hands on Charlotte
- Chairman, Service Juris Day
- North Carolina, 2006
- Georgia, 2000
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina
- University of North Carolina, J.D., North Carolina Law Review, 2000
- University of North Carolina, B.A., in History, 1997
- Pro Bono Service Award, King & Spalding, LLP, 2002
- Legal Elite, Young Guns (Best Under 40), 2011
- Speaker, North Carolina Lien Law, 2011
Office location for Lex M. Erwin
227 West Trade Street
Charlotte, NC 28202
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2014