Mathew E. Flatow
Top rated employment & labor attorney in Charlotte, North CarolinaSeiferFlatow, PLLC
Practice Areas: Employment & labor, Business & corporate, Workers' compensation view more
Licensed in North Carolina since: 2006
Education: Wake Forest University School of Law
SeiferFlatow, PLLC2319 Crescent Avenue
Charlotte, NC 28207 Phone: 704-512-0606 Email: Mathew E. Flatow Visit website
In 2011, Mathew E. Flatow founded SeiferFlatow, PLLC along with partner Adam M. Seifer with the mission of helping individuals by combining a high level of customer service with aggressive advocacy. After previously representing businesses, Mathew now uses his experience and knowledge to help individuals with claims against insurance companies and corporations in the fields of workers’ compensation, personal injury, employment law and general civil litigation. Mathew was named to the North Carolina Rising Stars list as one of the top up-and-coming attorneys in North Carolina for 2012. Mathew was also named to the National Trial Lawyers’ list of the top 40 litigators in the State of North Carolina under the age of 40.
Practice areasEmployment & labor: employer, Business/corporate, Workers' compensation: claimant, Employment & labor: employee, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2006, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://seiferflatowlaw.com/mathew-flatow-partner-at-seiferf...
- Volunteer for local Legal Aid to represent victims of domestic violence in their pursuit of protective orders.
- North Carolina, 2006; U.S. District Court, Western District of North Carolina.
- J.D., Wake Forest University, 2006; B.A. in Political Science, University of Notre Dame, 2003.
- Stukes v. Mizay Entertainment, INC On Saturday, February 16, 2011, Rapper Juaquin Malphurs aka Waka Flocka Flame was in Charlotte in order to have his stereo equipment worked on and/or installed at a retailer on Independence Boulevard at 2:00 in the afternoon . Mr. Malphurs mingled with the general public and signed autographs as requested. Mr. Malphurs was managed by Defendant Mizay who hired a security detail to protect Mr. Malphurs at public events. The security detail was supervised by Defendant Mizay, who created and instilled various procedures and protocols on how the security detail was to act in various situations. These procedures and protocols allowed the security detail to be armed at all times and to fire weapons as needed. Plaintiff and his friends drove to meet Mr. Malphurs As Plaintiff and his two friends got out of the vehicle, Plaintiff observed a member of Mr. Malphurs’s security detail brandishing a large handgun and started shooting his gun in the general direction of Plaintiff, without provocation. As Plaintiff was retreating towards Independence Boulevard, this second member of the security detail fired two shots from his handgun in the general direction of Plaintiff. One of the bullets fired by the members of the security team struck Plaintiff in the shoulder. Defendant Mizay was found liable to Plaintiff as the employer of the security detail on the grounds that the negligent acts and/or omissions undertaken by the members of the security detail. Defendant Mizay was further found liable for punitive damages. After careful deliberation, a Mecklenburg County Superior Court Jury found Defendant Mizay liable in the amount of $501,000.00. Served as lead counsel on the case., 2012
- Obtained six figure settlements in workers' compensation cases ranging from complex occupational diseases to common injury by accidents.
- Obtained a six figure settlement for a pair of women who were sexually harassed and subsequently terminated from their job in a complex employment law case. , 2012
- Mathew was named to the North Carolina Rising Stars list as one of the top up-and-coming attorneys in North Carolina for 2012. Each year, no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state receive this honor. The selection for this respected list is made by the research team at Super Lawyers., 2012
- Mathew was also named to the National Trial Lawyers’ list of the top 40 litigators in the State of North Carolina under the age of 40., 2012
- Presenteed “HIPAA – Getting Medical and Other Records and How to Decipher Them” to a group of attorneys in Winston-Salem, NC., Speaker, North Carolina Advocates of Justice, 2012
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2021