Matthew T. Marcellino
Top rated business & corporate attorney in Charlotte, North CarolinaMarcellino & Tyson, PLLC
Matthew T. Marcellino is an attorney and partner at Marcellino & Tyson PLLC in Charlotte, North Carolina. Mr. Marcellino practices in the areas of family, business and employment law, as well as general civil litigation. He represents clients throughout the Charlotte metropolitan area.
Practicing law for over a decade, Mr. Marcellino provides outstanding legal representation to each client. He enjoys connecting with his clients on a personal level and guiding them to the best possible resolution for their legal situation. When an out-of-court resolution is impossible, he is prepared for courtroom litigation.
Over his career, Mr. Marcellino has received several awards for his legal achievements. Business North Carolina magazine included him on its “Legal Elite” list during multiple years, and The National Advocates named him one of the “Top 40 Under 40.” Active in his legal community, he belongs to the Mecklenburg County Bar’s Family Law Section and is a barrister with the American Inns of Court.
Recognizing the value of contributing to his local community, Mr. Marcellino sits on the council of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Charlotte and is a graduate of the Mecklenburg County Bar Leadership Institute. He is also a board member of Caroline Calouche & Co., a local nonprofit.
Mr. Marcellino graduated from the College of Charleston in 2003 with a bachelor's degree in political science. He earned his law degree from Tulane University Law School in 2006. He is licensed to practice law before all North Carolina state courts and the U.S. District Court for the Middle, Western and Eastern Districts of North Carolina.
Practice areasBusiness/corporate, Business litigation, Family law, Civil litigation: plaintiff, Employment & labor: employee
Business formation and planning, Limited liability companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter s corporations, Contracts, Business organizations, Non-compete agreements, Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Same sex family law, Father's rights, Employment law - employee
- 30% Business/corporate
- 30% Business litigation
- 20% Family law
- 10% Civil litigation: plaintiff
- 10% Employment & labor: employee
First Admitted: 2007, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.yourncattorney.com/our-firm/matthew-marcellino/
- Council Member, Salvation Army Boys’ and Girls’ Club
- Board Member for Caroline Calouche & Co., a non-profit organization focusing on artistic education through dance and performing arts
- Member, Myers Park Presbyterian Church
- Barrister with American Inns of the Court
- North Carolina, 2007
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina, 2007
- Member, Mecklenburg County Bar Leadership Institute – Class of 2016
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina, 2007
- Co-Chair of Education, Mecklenburg County Bar, Family Law Section
- Mecklenburg County Bar, 2007
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina, 2007
- Selected as a Super Lawyer, 2017 - 2019, Super Lawyers Rising Star, Super Lawyers
- Top 40 Under 40, The National Advocates
- Selected as legal elite, Business North Carolina Legal Elite - Voted #1 Young Gun in NC, Business North Carolina, 2018
- Selected as legal elite, 2018 - 2019, Business North Carolina Legal Elite - Business Law, Business North Carolina
- Business NC Legal Elite – Family Law, 2017 - 2018
- Business North Carolina Legal Elite - Young Guns, 2017
- Selected as One of Twenty attorneys in the Mecklenburg County Bar to join the Mecklenburg County Bar Leadership Institute, 2016, Mecklenburg County Bar Leadership Institute
- Cambridge University - Law, Cambridge, England
- The College of Charleston, Charleston, South Carolina
Office location for Matthew T. Marcellino
2200 E 7th St
Charlotte, NC 28204
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2020