Nicole L. Gardner
Top rated Employment & Labor attorney in Charlotte, North CarolinaGardner Skelton PLLC
Practice Areas: Employment & Labor, Business Litigation
Licensed in North Carolina since: 2002
Education: University of California Berkeley School of Law
Gardner Skelton PLLC505 East Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28203 Phone: 704-335-0350 Email: Nicole L. Gardner Visit website
Nicole Gardner is an award-winning attorney and founder of Gardner Skelton. Nicole advises and counsels a broad range of businesses and senior executives. She's also a mediator for state and federal employment cases and works for businesses as a neutral investigator of employment related concerns. Nicole enjoys serving as outside general counsel for many of her clients, engaging and managing a network of attorneys nationwide to best serve her clients’ legal needs.
Nicole has been recognized for excellence by her peers, being consistently listed in Business North Carolina’s “Legal Elite” as well as “Super Lawyers” since 2010. Nicole was selected for inclusion in the 2014-2016 editions of “Best Lawyers in America” for both commercial litigation and employment law/management. From 2014-2016, “Super Lawyers” also named Nicole as one of the top 50 women lawyers in North Carolina.
Nicole is a strategic partner who cares deeply about getting results for the clients she serves. Every business requires something different, so she has no set plan. Instead, Nicole goes the extra mile to understand what clients really want and need. Then, she does everything in her power to deliver.
When she provides counsel to a client, she looks at the big picture, not just the law, and considers many non-legal factors that help determine a course of action.
Clients understand that risk is ever-present, and they will have a different threshold of tolerance for both overall and certain specific risks. Nicole helps them manage through uncertainty and stay focused on their big picture goals.
First Admitted: 1999, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.gardnerskelton.com/our-people/nicole-gardner/
- William J. Fulbright Scholar, South Korea, 1994-1995; Pennsylvania State University, B.A., 1994, summa cum laude (Phi Beta Kappa)
- The Best Lawyers in America -- employment law/management and commercial litigation; Business North Carolina Legal Elite
- Board Member, Hope Haven Foundation; Member, Women's Impact Fund; Youth Mentor, Buddy/Mentor, Inc.; Volunteer Attorney, North Carolina Center for Nonprofits
- North Carolina State Bar; South Carolina State Bar; California State Bar; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth and Ninth Circuits; U.S. District Courts for the Western, Middle and Eastern Districts of North Carolina; U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina; U.S. District Court for the Northern and Eastern Districts of California
- Financial Institutions
- Health Care
- Nonprofit Agencies
- Restaurant And Food Service
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2011
Top ListsTop 100: North Carolina Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2021, 2023
- Top 50: 2023 Women North Carolina Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2021 Women North Carolina Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2020 Women North Carolina Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2019 Women North Carolina Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2018 Women North Carolina Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2016 Women North Carolina Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2015 Women North Carolina Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2014 Women North Carolina Super Lawyers