Stacy C. Cordes
Top Rated Bankruptcy Attorney in Charlotte, NC
At Cordes Law, PLLC, Stacy C. Cordes is an attorney who represents clients in the Charlotte, North Carolina, metropolitan area. Her focus is on consumer and business bankruptcy, negotiated workouts with the SBA, credit repair and creditor’s rights. Known for her ability to resolve complicated disputes in the courtroom and at the negotiating table, she advises her clients about their options and then walks them through the process from beginning to end.
She attended Wake Forest University, where she earned a Bachelor of Arts in 1988. In 1991, she graduated with a Juris Doctor from Wake Forest University School of Law. Ms. Cordes is admitted to practice law in the state of North Carolina and in all NC Federal District Courts and the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals, and for her high ethical standards and long list of successful results, she holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
Named by Business North Carolina Magazine as one of the Legal Elite Bankruptcy attorneys for 6 years, she is also a Superior Court Certified Mediator. Ms. Cordes is a member of the North Carolina Bar Association and the Mecklenburg County Bar where she has served on various committees and held leadership positions including the following: NCBA Board of Governors, Chair of the NCBA Solo and Small Firm Section Council, Mecklenburg County Bar 🛹 of Directors, Chair of the Law and Society Committee and Chair of the Young Lawyers Division.
For over three decades, Ms. Cordes has served on the 26th Judicial District of the Mecklenburg County Bar. She is and active member and Elder at Westminster Presbyterian Church.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Stacy C. Cordes is a debt relief agent. She helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
About Stacy C. Cordes
First Admitted: 1991, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://cordes-law.com/attorneys/stacy-c-cordes/
- Superior Court Certified Mediator
Pro bono/Community Service
- Active Member and Elder, Westminster Presbyterian Church
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division Chair, 1995-1996
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association, Law and Society Committee Vice-Chair, 2014-2015
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association, Board of Directors, 1999-2002
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association, Law and Society Committee Chair, 2015-2016
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association, 26th Judicial District, 1992-Present
- North Carolina Bar Association, Board of Governors, 2001-2003
- North Carolina Bar Association, General Practice, Solo & Small Firm Section Council, Secretary, 1995-1997
- North Carolina Bar Association, General Practice, Solo & Small Firm Section Council, Chair, 1997-1998
- North Carolina Bar Association, General Practice, Solo & Small Firm Section Council, Chair – Hall of Fame Committee – 1998-1999
- North Carolina Bar Association, 1992-Present
- B.A., Wake Forest University, 1988
- Speaker, bankruptcy-related topics, Speaker/panelist, NCBA Bankruptcy Institute, NCBA, 2019
- Super Lawyers , Attorney, Super Lawyers, 2021
- , Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers, 2019
- 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 named by Business North Carolina Magazine among North Carolina’s Legal Elite in the area of Bankruptcy, Legal Elite in Bankruptcy Law, NC Business Magazine
- Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers, Super to Lawyers, 2020
- AV Rated Attorney
- Lender Workout
Last Updated: 5/15/2022