Tara A. Harrawood
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Charlotte, NC
Tara A. Harrawood is an associate attorney at Marcellino & Tyson PLLC in Charlotte, North Carolina. Ms. Harrawood has over a decade of legal experience and concentrates her practice on family law, serving clients throughout the Charlotte metropolitan area.
Over the course of her legal career, Ms. Harrawood has been involved in a variety of family law matters. She provides personalized service to her clients, using her knowledge and experience to guide them through the complexities of the family law process. She is an experienced negotiator and litigator who is dedicated to obtaining the best possible results.
In addition to family law, Ms. Harrawood has experience with business law, employment law and civil litigation. She holds a license to practice law before all North Carolina state courts and is a member of the Mecklenburg County Bar, the Gaston County Bar Association, the North Carolina Bar Association’s Family Law Section and the American Bar Association.
Recognizing her accomplishments in the legal profession, Business North Carolina magazine has featured Ms. Harrawood on its “Legal Elite” list for multiple years. In 2018, The National Advocates also included her on its “Top 40 Under 40” list. She sits on the Women Lawyers of Charlotte Board of Directors and is a member of the Charlotte Mecklenburg Human Trafficking Task Force.
After graduating from East Carolina University with a bachelor's degree, Ms. Harrawood received her law degree from Elon University School of Law. While attending law school, she was the recipient of the Outstanding Clinical Student Award for her participation in various law school clinics.
- 30%Family Law
- 30%Business Litigation
- 10%Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights, Non-Compete Agreements, Business Formation and Planning, Limited Liability Companies, Partnership, Contracts, Business Organizations
- Rising Stars: 2022
About Tara A. Harrawood
First Admitted: 2012, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.yourncattorney.com/our-firm/tara-harrawood/
- East Carolina University – Greenville, North Carolina
- Top 40 Under 40, The National Advocates, 2018
- Outstanding Clinical Student Award
- Legal Elite - Rising Star, Business North Carolina, 2020
- Legal Elite - Family Law, Business North Carolina , 2021
- Legal Elite - Rising Star, Business North Carolina, 2021
Pro bono/Community Service
- Member of Mecklenburg County Human Trafficking Taskforce - serving and advising trafficking victims in Mecklenburg County and surrounding areas, 2020
- Women Lawyers of Charlotte Board Member, 2020
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association, Family Law Section and Young Lawyers Division
- Mecklenburg County Bar Law Day Committee, Member, 2021
- Women Lawyers of Charlotte Board Member, serving on the Fighting For Women With Fashion Planning Committee, 2021
- Mecklenburg County Bar Law Day Committee, Member, 2020
Last Updated: 8/25/2022