Alexa M. Voss
Top rated Family Law attorney in Cornelius, North CarolinaGodley, Glazer & Funk, PLLC
Alexa M. Voss is an attorney at the law firm of Godley, Glazer & Funk PLLC in Cornelius, North Carolina. Focusing her practice on family law, she represents clients in concerns related to divorce, equitable distribution, alimony, child support and custody, civil no contact, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, and trusts and estate planning.
Graduating magna cum laude and with dean’s list honors, Ms. Voss received her Bachelor of Arts in magazine journalism and political science from Syracuse University. She obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of North Carolina School of Law in 2019. While in law school, she was a staff member of the North Carolina Law Review, a chair of the Women in Law Mentorship, and a 100+ Hours Pro Bono honoree.
Ms. Voss has immense experience working with cases involving dependency, juvenile abuse and neglect from her internship at the Durham County Attorney’s Office’s Department of Social Services in law school. Empathetic and compassionate, she is a zealous and aggressive advocate for the rights of her clients both inside and outside the courtroom.
Additionally, Ms. Voss was the co-chair of the Dean’s Fellow Program and earned Dean’s Fellow honors. She is licensed to practice in North Carolina and South Carolina and before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina. Her affiliations with prominent legal associations include memberships in the North Carolina State Bar Association and the Mecklenburg County Bar Association and its Family Law Section.
Ms. Voss firmly believes in giving back to her society and serves as a volunteer attorney at the Council for Children’s Rights and the Charlotte Center for Legal Advocacy. She received the Volunteer of the Year award from the Council for Children’s Rights. For her notable work in the legal field, she was selected for inclusion in the Ones to Watch in America in Family Law list by Best Lawyers.
Practice areasFamily Law, Estate Planning & Probate
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Estate Planning, Prenuptial Agreements, Trusts
- 90% Family Law
- 10% Estate Planning & Probate
First Admitted: 2019, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://ggflawyers.com/alexa-m-voss/
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America™ in Family Law, 2022-2023
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, NC Chapter – Outstanding Family Law Student Award (2019)
- Council for Children’s Rights – Volunteer of the Year (2022)
- North Carolina Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in Family Law, 2022
- Mecklenburg Bar Foundation, Board of Directors (Class of 2023)
- Council for Children’s Rights, Volunteer Attorney
- Charlotte Center for Legal Advocacy, Volunteer Attorney
- Mecklenburg County Bar, Pro Bono & Legal Recruitment Committee (Class of 2024)
- North Carolina, 2019
- Mecklenburg County Bar, Family Law Section
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar Association
- Federal District Court, Western District of North Carolina, 2020
- South Carolina, 2020
- Syracuse University, 2015, magna cum laude; B.A. Magazine Journalism & Political Science; Dean’s List (All Semesters)
Office location for Alexa M. Voss
19901 W Catawba Ave
Cornelius, NC 28031
- Rising Stars: 2022 - 2024