Maren Tallent Funk
Top rated Family Law attorney in Cornelius, North CarolinaGodley, Glazer & Funk, PLLC
A compassionate North Carolina family law attorney, Maren Tallent Funk is a partner at the law firm of Godley, Glazer & Funk PLLC. She serves clients in Iredell County, Charlotte and the surrounding areas. Practicing family law for nearly a decade, she assists clients with a variety of legal problems involving divorce, property division, child custody and support, marital agreements, domestic violence, parental alienation, appeals, post-separation support, restraining orders, alimony and more.
Ms. Funk studied English and rhetorical communications to earn her bachelor’s degree at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2010. She then pursued her legal education at the University of North Carolina School of Law and received her Juris Doctor in 2013. She is licensed to practice in North Carolina and the U.S. District Court for the Middle and Western Districts of North Carolina.
With zeal and determination to serve North Carolina families, Ms. Funk started working at a family law firm at the age of 15. She is aware that the emotions triggered by a family legal dispute can range from despair to resentment, disappointment to fury – and everything in between. She provides her clients with customized strategies and keeps them informed throughout the legal process.
Certified as a specialist in family law by the North Carolina Board of Legal Specialization, Ms. Funk holds active memberships in the Mecklenburg County Bar and the North Carolina State Bar. For her committed client services, she is rated "Good" through Avvo.
Active in her community, Ms. Funk is a former member of the board of directors of Lake Norman Young Professionals, the Lake Norman Community Health Clinic and Historic Rural Hill. She also taught kids at Divorce Care for Kids, a recovery support group to help the children of divorced parents.
Practice areasFamily Law, Civil Litigation: Defense, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Marital Property, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 70% Family Law
- 20% Civil Litigation: Defense
- 10% Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2013, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://ggflawyers.com/team/maren-tallent-funk/
- Board Member – Board of Directors of Historic Rural Hill
- Past Teacher with Divorce Care for Kids
- Past Board Member – Board of Directors of Davidson Community Players
- Past Board Member – Board of Directors of Lake Norman Community Health Clinic
- Past Board Member – Lake Norman Chamber Young Professionals
- MENSA Member
- Federal District Court, Middle District of North Carolina, 2015
- Federal District Court, Western District of North Carolina, 2013
- North Carolina, 2013
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar Association
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2010; B.A. English and Rhetorical Communications; Graduated with Distinction
- North Carolina Board Certification in Family Law , 2018
- Real Estate
Office location for Maren Tallent Funk
19901 W Catawba Ave
Cornelius, NC 28031
- Rising Stars: 2023 - 2024
Certificates and credentials