Top Rated Workers' Compensation Attorney in Durham, NC
- Free Consultation
When Jacob Goad founded his firm, he envisioned a legal practice that made a difference in the lives of clients it represented. As principal attorney at the Law Office of Jacob Goad, he has achieved exactly that over the past few years. He serves his clients in matters related to workers' compensation, personal injury and auto accidents. His clients are primarily from Raleigh, the Durham and Greensboro metro areas and the surrounding regions.
In 2005, Mr. Goad completed his degree in Spanish and social and economic justice at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. While pursuing his undergraduate degree, he was part of a Hispanic collegiate honor society and participated in Christian fellowship groups. After years of living abroad and championing environmental and social causes, he returned to America. In 2016, he completed his law degree while also working full-time as a paralegal. He is admitted to practice in North Carolina.
Over the past 11 years, Mr. Goad has helped injured persons pursue compensation for their injuries. He has also worked closely with survivors in wrongful death cases, which are among the most heartbreaking. His clients praise his compassion, patience and dedication to providing personalized service.
Mr. Goad maintains memberships across several legal organizations. These include North Carolina Advocates for Justice and the Durham County Bar Association. He also remains active in Christian fellowship. He currently serves as the secretary on the board of directors for Urban Ministries and is a former elder at Alamance Presbyterian Church.
About Jacob Goad
First Admitted: 2016, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://jgoadlaw.com/about-attorney-jacob-goad/
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Workers' Comp. Section, Member
- Urban Ministries of Durham, Member, Board of Directors, Current Secretary
- Durham County Bar Association, Former Secretary of Young Lawyers Division
- Durham County Bar Association, Former chair of Young Lawyers Division
- North Carolina Bar Association, Chair, Legislative Committee for WC Section
- North Carolina Bar Association, Workers' Comp. Section
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Incoming Membership Rep.
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Hispanic Law Division
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Auto Torts Section, Member
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A. in Spanish and Social and Economic Justice, 2005
- Chair, Young Lawyers Division, Durham County Bar Association, 2019
- ESTATE OF S.M. V. CBM. Obtained favorable Opinion & Award after reversal of the denial of a death claim. Minor child of decedent employee will receive more than $600,000 over 18 years, 2020
- RZL V. 24/7 R. S. LLC. Won at the deputy commissioner level on the issue of whether injury employee was an employee, versus being ineligible for benefits as an independent contractor, 2017
- , Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2022
Pro bono/Community Service
- Alamance Presbyterian, Greensboro, NC., Former Member and Elder
- Face to Face, Greensboro, NC, Former Member of Board of Directors
Last Updated: 5/15/2022