Top rated Workers' Compensation attorney in Durham, North CarolinaLaw Office of Jacob Goad
The Law Office of Jacob Goad represents clients in workers' compensation, auto accidents, and wrongful death matters. His clients are primarily from Raleigh, the Durham and Greensboro metro areas and the surrounding regions.
Mr. Goad graduated from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2005, concentrating on Spanish literature and social/economic justice. While pursuing his undergraduate degree, he was part of a Hispanic collegiate honor society and participated in fellowship groups. After years of living abroad and championing environmental and social causes, he returned to the United States. In 2016, he completed his law degree at North Carolina Central University in Durham, while also working full-time as a paralegal. He is admitted to practice in North Carolina.
Over the past 11 years, Mr. Goad has helped injured persons pursue compensation for their injuries. He has also worked closely with survivors in wrongful death cases. His clients praise his compassion, patience and dedication to providing personalized service.
Mr. Goad maintains memberships across several legal organizations. These include North Carolina Advocates for Justice, the Durham County Bar Association, and the North Carolina Bar Association. He currently serves as the secretary on the board of directors for Urban Ministries. He is the treasurer of the North Carolina Bar Association's Workers' compensation section. He is the membership liaison for the Hispanic Law Division of North Carolina Advocates for Justice.
Practice areasWorkers' Compensation: Claimant, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Construction Accident, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 70% Workers' Compensation: Claimant
- 30% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2016, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://jgoadlaw.com/about-attorney-jacob-goad/
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Workers' Comp. Section, Member
- Urban Ministries of Durham, Member, Board of Directors, Current Secretary
- Durham County Bar Association, Former Secretary of Young Lawyers Division
- Durham County Bar Association, Former chair of Young Lawyers Division
- North Carolina Bar Association, Chair, Legislative Committee for WC Section
- North Carolina Bar Association, Workers' Comp. Section
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Incoming Membership Rep.
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Hispanic Law Division
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Auto Torts Section, Member
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A. in Spanish and Social and Economic Justice, 2005
- Chair, Young Lawyers Division, Durham County Bar Association, 2019
- ESTATE OF S.M. V. CBM. Obtained favorable Opinion & Award after reversal of the denial of a death claim. Minor child of decedent employee will receive more than $600,000 over 18 years, 2020
- RZL V. 24/7 R. S. LLC. Won at the deputy commissioner level on the issue of whether injury employee was an employee, versus being ineligible for benefits as an independent contractor, 2017
- , Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2022
- Alamance Presbyterian, Greensboro, NC., Former Member and Elder
- Face to Face, Greensboro, NC, Former Member of Board of Directors
Office location for Jacob Goad
115 E Main St
Durham, NC 27701
- Rising Stars: 2022 - 2024