Top rated personal injury attorney in Durham, North CarolinaLanier Law Group, P.A.
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Social security disability, Workers' compensation; view more
Licensed in North Carolina since: 1992
Education: University of North Carolina School of Law
Lanier Law Group, P.A.1816 Front St
Durham, NC 27705 Visit website
Attorney Lisa Lanier is a president and CEO of Lanier Law Group, P.A., which has 11 office locations across North Carolina. Nationally recognized as one of the top trial lawyers in the country, Ms. Lanier provides unmatched advocacy and support to clients throughout the state who have suffered injuries or loss as a result of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
An attorney since 1992, Ms. Lanier began her legal career working as an insurance defense attorney, so she has invaluable insight into the industry and the tactics insurance providers use to reduce or deny claims. Armed with this knowledge, she is able to devise more effective strategies for those suffering through no fault of their own, and she has recovered millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for her plaintiff injury clients and their families.
A leader in her field, Ms. Lanier is an officer with the North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys. She also regularly appears on various radio and television programs, where she offers in-depth commentary on a variety of legal topics. In addition, she routinely conducts lectures on journalism law at Wake Forest University School of Law. Among her other professional affiliations, she is a member of the American Association for Justice, the North Carolina Advocates for Justice, the America Bar Association and the North Carolina State Bar.
Honored for her outstanding professionalism and service, Ms. Lanier has earned a Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished* peer review rating as well as recognition from the National Trial Lawyers and America's Top 100 High Stakes Litigators.
A 1989 graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Ms. Lanier returned to her alma mater and obtained her Juris Doctor from University of North Carolina School of Law in 1992. Outside her legal practice, Ms. Lanier passionately volunteers to help the homeless and veterans across North Carolina.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Social security disability, Workers' compensation: claimant, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
Animal bites, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Construction accident, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Medical malpractice, Birth injury, Delayed or incorrect diagnosis, Motor vehicle defects, Medical devices, Pharmaceutical
- 40% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 20% Social security disability
- 20% Workers' compensation: claimant
- 10% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1992, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.lanierlawgroup.com/attorneys/lisa-lanier/
- Guest Lecturer, Journalism Law, Wake Forest University
- Impact Leader, Triangle Business Leader
- Distinguished Attorney with a Very High Rating in Legal Ability and Ethical Standards, Martindale-Hubbell®
- America's Top 100 High Stakes Litigators
- Selected to Super Lawyers 2020
- Officer with the NC Association of Women Attorneys
- Active Member, United Church of Chapel Hill
- Board of Directors for Equality NC and the Interactive Resource Center
- Board of Trustees at Duke School and Art For Hospice
- Regional Advisory Board for BB & T Bank
- North Carolina State Bar
- America Bar Association
- The National Trial Lawyer
- NC Association of Women Attorneys
- North Carolina Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A.
Office location for Lisa Lanier
1816 Front St
Durham, NC 27705
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023