Ryan T. Bliss
Top rated workers' compensation attorney in Durham, North CarolinaLaw Offices of James Scott Farrin
Ryan T. Bliss is an attorney with the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin, which has 16 office locations across North Carolina including Durham, Raleigh, Charlotte, and Greensboro. Board-certified as a workers' compensation specialist by the North Carolina State Bar's Board of Legal Specialization, Mr. Bliss has more than 12 years of legal experience assisting clients throughout the state fight for workers' compensation benefits.
Early in his legal career, Mr. Bliss worked as an insurance defense attorney at a prominent law firm in Raleigh. Feeling wholly uninspired and deflated while fighting for the interests of large corporations at the expense of people in need, he decided to make a change and joined the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin. Today he is a Shareholder of the firm and focuses exclusively on helping the hardworking men and women of his state fight for the workers’ compensation benefits they need to support themselves and their families when they can no longer work.
A native of Syracuse, New York, Mr. Bliss graduated from North Carolina State University magna cum laude in Raleigh in 2005, and he obtained his Juris Doctor from The University of North Carolina School of Law in Chapel Hill in 2008. He has published an article in Trial Briefs Magazine on workers' compensation law as it relates to undocumented workers, and he has conducted lectures and seminars across his region on a variety of legal topics.
Active in his legal community, Mr. Bliss is a member of the North Carolina State Bar and the Durham County Bar Association, and he served as workers’ comp communications chair for the North Carolina Advocates for Justice in 2018.
Practice areasWorkers' compensation: claimant
- 100% Workers' compensation: claimant
First Admitted: 2008, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.farrin.com/attorney/ryan-bliss/
- Video featuring Ryan Bliss discussing “recorded statements” in workers’ compensation cases, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7TvM_WxNjU&t=6s
- “Rising Star”1 by Super Lawyers magazine, 2018
- 1 For more information on the rules of inclusion visit www.superlawyers.com.
- “Workers’ Compensation for the Undocumented Worker," Trial Briefs Magazine, January, 2018
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Workers’ Comp Communications Chair, 2018
- Durham County Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Workers' Compensation, Board of Legal Specialization, North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, B.A. in English, magna cum laude, 2005
Office location for Ryan T. Bliss
280 South Mangum Street
Durham, NC 27701
- Rising Stars: 2018
Certificates and credentials
Workers' Compensation Law
Find me online
- To donate or learn more, visit https://t.co/YXlaCDlieo. #giveback #givingtuesday #greersc #sc #jamesscottfarrin… https://t.co/LDnYraBO2j
- We’re proud to share that we made a recent donation to support #GreerRelief, a #SC #nonprofit whose mission is to e… https://t.co/FS3BsBTC3D
- #happyclient #caraccident #workerscomp #socialsecuritydisability #lawfirm #lawyer #attorney #tellthemyoumeanbusiness