David T. Courie
Top rated white collar crimes attorney in Fayetteville, North CarolinaBeaver Courie Law Firm, P.A.
Practice Areas: White collar crimes, Criminal defense, DUI-DWI; view more
Licensed in North Carolina since: 1997
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish
Starting his career as an associate attorney at the Fayetteville-based law firm Beaver Courie Hearp Broadfoot & Quantock in North Carolina, David T. Courie is currently a senior partner at the firm. He is an attorney focusing solely on criminal law and white collar crimes and extends his service to his clients who need assistance in matters related to DUI, sex crimes, drug offenses, domestic violence and traffic offenses. With his knowledge of Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC) law as well, he is able to provide aid to restaurants and convenience stores to procure their alcohol permit.
Mr. Courie understands how stressful it can be if someone has criminal allegations against them and strives to stand by them and be a pillar of support. Throughout his career spanning over 25 years, he has defended hundreds of clients in several courts, including the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina and trial courts, and helped them get justice.
A Robert C. Byrd Honors Byrd Scholarship recipient at his alma mater, Campbell University, Mr. Courie received his undergraduate degree in trust and estate planning in 1993. He enrolled in Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law and graduated in 1997 earning his Juris Doctor.
With his proven track record of success, Mr. Courie is well-known and recognized among his peers. He has received several awards throughout his career, including the Readers’ Choice Award for Best Lawyer by The Fayetteville Observer and the Best of Fayetteville Award in the DWI and criminal attorney category by the Up and Coming Weekly magazine. He was included in the Top 100 Trial Lawyers list by The National Trial Lawyers in 2014. His firm received the U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms Award consecutively for four years. He is rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell and has received several positive reviews from his colleagues.
Mr. Courie was elected the president of the Cumberland County Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division in 1997 and served for a tenure of six years. He is currently a member of the American Bar Association, the North Carolina Advocates for Justice, the American College of Trial Lawyers and the American Association for Justice.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal defense: white collar, Criminal defense, Criminal defense: DUI/DWI, Family law
White collar crime, Criminal law, Sex offenses, Traffic violations, Criminal domestic violence, DUI/DWI
- 10% Criminal defense: white collar
- 40% Criminal defense
- 40% Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
- 10% Family law
First Admitted: 1997, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.beavercourie.com/david-t-courie.html
- Recognized, Super Lawyers, 2019-2020
- Superb, Top Attorney, Avvo
- Client's Choice, Avvo
- Traffic Attorney, Up and Coming Magazine, 2013-2015
- Best of Fayetteville, Up and Coming Magazine, 2016-2017
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers
- Highest 10.0 Rating and recipient of the “Client’s Choice”, AVVO Legal Directory, 2013-2017
- AV Rated Preeminent, Martindale Hubbell Legal Directory, 2014-2017
- Top 100 DWI Attorneys, State of North Carolina 2015 and 2016 by the National Advocacy for DUI Defense, LLC
- The Best Lawyers in America, DUI/DWI Defense, 2017- 2018
- Award based upon gross number of votes received for a given category., Reader's Choice Award Winner - Fayetteville's Best Lawyer, Fayetteville Observer, 2011
- Criminal Defense, Legal Elite, Business North Carolina Magazine, 2022
- Metro Area (includes Cumberland, Hoke and Moore Counties, Fort Bragg and Raleigh, NC), Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers DWI/DUI, Best Lawyers, 2022
- Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers - DWI/DUI, Best Lawyers for Raleigh Metro, 2018
- Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America, Tier One, Criminal and DWI. See bestlawyes.com for criteria, Best Lawyers In America, Best Lawyers, 2021
- North Carolina
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member Since: 1998
- North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyer, Member Since: 1998
- American Bar Association, Member Since: 1998
- Cumberland County Bar Association, Member Since: 1998
- Campbell University National Alumni Association, Board of Directors
- B.A., Campbell University, Buies Creek, North Carolina, Honors: Presidential Scholar, Byrd Scholar, Major: Trust and Estate Planning, Minor: Financial Planning, 1993
- Successfully married for 17 years and counting!, 2022
Office location for David T. Courie
230 Green St
Fayetteville, NC 28301
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023